Thread: New guy

New guy

Just stumbled across this site; lucky me!

I've been at it for going on 40 years (has it been that long?) and learning something new just about every day. My current playground has two seperate +17 deg. f. single stage ammonia systems; one @ 3,600hp and one at 5,050hp, plus a 200hp cascade booster @ -28 deg. f. for a CO2 Recovery system, all courtesy of the wonderful world of beer brewing. Enough to keep busy, for certain.

Hope to converse with many here and perhaps pick up some good advice along the way.

Re: New guy

Quote Originally Posted by cmorris69 View Post
    Just stumbled across this site; lucky me!

I've been at it for going on 40 years (has it been that long?) and learning something new just about every day. My current playground has two seperate +17 deg. f. single stage ammonia systems; one @ 3,600hp and one at 5,050hp, plus a 200hp cascade booster @ -28 deg. f. for a CO2 Recovery system, all courtesy of the wonderful world of beer brewing. Enough to keep busy, for certain.

Hope to converse with many here and perhaps pick up some good advice along the way.

Well if its beer you want to talk about I'll join in

Welcome aboard Cheers taz

Thanks, Taz. We just commissioned a brewery designed by your Briggs people. Amazing facility.

Welcome to the RE forums. It's always great to have a new ammonia guy around here. Especially one with such a nice small system.

You must have at least 200 pounds of ammonia in your system.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Thank you, US. Not as much as our parent plant in Colorado, nor as much as Tropicana in Florida. Plenty to go around, though. Your "200" wouldn't be far off if you added three zeros to it.... We actually have three seperate systems with the 200hp Cascade being the smallest by far. It liquifys (at appx. -25 F.) around 5,500 lbs/hr of CO2 recovered from fermentation.