Thread: Scotland

Scotland

Wee Scottish facts
    * The shortest scheduled flight in the world is one and a half miles long from Westray to Papa Westray in the Orkney Islands of Scotland. The journey takes 1 minute 14 seconds to complete.
    * The wildcat is the quickest Scottish animal to fend for itself after birth. It faces the world at a month old and begins hunting at the age of 3 months.
    * Golf has been played in St. Andrews, Scotland since the 15th Century.
    * Eas Coul Aulin Waterfall in the county of Sutherland, with a sheer drop of 658 ft, four times the height of Niagara Falls, is the highest waterfall in Britain.
    * The very first recorded appearance of the elusive Loch Ness Monster occurred in 565 AD, when a " water beast " attacked one of St. Columba's followers in the loch. ''' * The windiest place in Scotland is the Island of Tiree, which has the highest average gusts over 100 mph.
    * There are 787 Scottish Islands.
    * The Chapel of St. Oran on the island of lona in the Hebrides, holds the tombs of 48 kings of Scotland, 8 kings of Norway, 4 kings of Ireland and 4 kings of France. * 7 out of every 10 Scots have blue eyes.
    * Seven Scotsmen were in the US 7th Cavalry with General Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn on 25 June, 1876.

B.

Re: Scotland

Hi, Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by bernard View Post
    Wee Scottish facts
    * The shortest scheduled flight in the world is one and a half miles long from Westray to Papa Westray in the Orkney Islands of Scotland. The journey takes 1 minute 14 seconds to complete.
    * The wildcat is the quickest Scottish animal to fend for itself after birth. It faces the world at a month old and begins hunting at the age of 3 months.
    * Golf has been played in St. Andrews, Scotland since the 15th Century.
    * Eas Coul Aulin Waterfall in the county of Sutherland, with a sheer drop of 658 ft, four times the height of Niagara Falls, is the highest waterfall in Britain.
    * The very first recorded appearance of the elusive Loch Ness Monster occurred in 565 AD, when a " water beast " attacked one of St. Columba's followers in the loch. ''' * The windiest place in Scotland is the Island of Tiree, which has the highest average gusts over 100 mph.
    * The Chapel of St. Oran on the island of lona in the Hebrides, holds the tombs of 48 kings of Scotland, 8 kings of Norway, 4 kings of Ireland and 4 kings of France. * 7 out of every 10 Scots have blue eyes.
    * Seven Scotsmen were in the US 7th Cavalry with General Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn on 25 June, 1876.

B.
    nice facts... thanks for info

* we have 1185 islands

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Wee Scottish facts

Oh, impressive.
    BTW, did you know that there are just over 30000 islands in Stockholm's Archipelago?

Wow, did they win?

Sorry works on my putor.

I`ll leave the chav stuff alone.

Hope it didnt do any harm,send me the bill if it did.
    If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Damo

That's OK Chunk.

My virus programme is up to date.

(What happened when I clicked on the link was that a whole load of pop ups were blocked, then the virus programme kicked up a fuss and the page that finally loaded suggested some interesting links to improve my sexlife. So better safe than sorry....)

Cheers for removing the link, it might have saved a lot of hassle for someone with a less up to date virus checker....
    Last edited by The Viking; 29-03-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Right,after that **** up of a post i made earlier i would like to say that not only does Scotland have a lot of interesting history and places of interest,it is also a mean place to go mountain biking.

I`ve been twice now,once to Galloway forest park,which ruined my bike,and then i took my bike on the Minch Moor trail,Which for a chunky person like myself was a nightmare and i faired worse than the bike.

If anyones looking for a place to go biking then Scotlands the business.I`ll stick to Wales for an easier time.
    If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Damo

Hi, chunky munkey

Quote Originally Posted by chunky munkey View Post
    Sorry works on my putor.

I`ll leave the chav stuff alone.

Hope it didnt do any harm,send me the bill if it did.
    ...was on page but only brides from Ukraine hot dates and so....

no virus found... but after Wiking's warning checked complete comp with anti spyware and anti virus programs...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Ah Scotland!

I was in Edinburgh a few years ago. I had instruction to head down to the Grass Market.
    Little did I know that the steps back up to the hotel would become increasingly difficult in direct relationship to the amount of 16 year old Scotch one had consumed!

If you have not been to Edinburgh, the steps are formidable, trust me.