Thread: Made my Day

Talking Made my Day

It was July 5 2003 roughly 6:00pm EST. I got a call from the Shift manager at a Holiday Inn. He told me his beer box went down around noon, He also told me he called another service company to work on the box. The company he called insisted that the compressor was bad and the evaporator needed to be replaced due to a major leak!! The SM said the tech was there a short time before giving him the bad news. It turns out that very day I did a service at his brother’s Deli and was referred to him by his brother.

That evening the Hotel was hosting some sort of German heritage event and the cooler was loaded with imported German Beer. Hundreds of people from across the country were attending this event and the beer was getting warm fast! And we had one nervous SMJ

When I arrived I found the unit completely out of gas and the power pack had all the wires cut!! I rewired the power pack and leak checked the unit. I found the leak in the evaporator on one of the knuckles and a small leak at the TXV flare nut was a bit loose. After brazing the evaporator and fixing the TXV I headed to the roof.

It turns out due to the leak, the compressor was short cycling thus burnt the relay and the start capacitor. Luckily I had both parts in my truck. At this point the SM was on the roof watching me work my magic J LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE COMPRESSOR!!! I charged the unit, cleaned the condenser and in no time we had COLD BEER. The Shift manger was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning.

This morning I received a very nice thank you letter for the GM in charge of the Tri-State area: Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey and Delaware. In the letter he asked me if I wanted to service all 22 locations he handles!!!! I phoned him today and let him know that I am flattered, but I am just starting out and right now it’s just me running all the service calls. He replied with “We’ll wait for you…. I have instructed all shift managers to call you when a problem arises”

It makes you feel really good when you get a compliment like this especially someone in my shoes (just starting out on my own) so I figured I’d share it with you folks.

Honesty and hard work pays off!

Good to be in Business,
    Paul

Great job PAX!

Very nice story indeed, by an obviously qualified operator.

Pax

No sirree, today I honour you by your real name!
    I got to add my admiration for a job well done, You will go far my boy...........

Enjoy your work, keep it tidy, pace yourself , look after your stress and heart, and reward yourself every now and then.

Buy something luxurious or fanciful. Treat yourself. You will look on it and wonder, "where did that come about?"

And you will know, it came from your honesty, hard work and sweat, and YOU deserve it, and enjoy it.

Now, they dont teach you that in business school do they??