Thread: oil pressure

oil pressure

Dear friends.
    Can any body help me and inform me What is the value of the set point for the oil differential pressure for the Copland semi hermitic compressors. The chillers works with two gas circuit with three compressors in one suction line for each.
    Best regard.

Re: oil pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Noori View Post
    Dear friends.

Can any body help me and inform me What is the value of the set point for the oil differential pressure for the Copland semi hermitic compressors. The chillers works with two gas circuit with three compressors in one suction line for each.

Best regard.
    Net oil pressures of 20 to 40 psi are normal (oil pump pressure less crankcase pressure). But any pressures between 10 to 60 psi are ok.

A Copeland approved lube oil control will cut out at 9.5 psi after a 120 second delay. The oil bypass valve in the oil pump will prevent the oil from exceeding 60 psi.

The factors that affect oil pressures are: the size of compressor, oil temperature and the internal wear on the compressor.
    Last edited by powell; 22-03-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    Net oil pressures of 20 to 40 psi are normal (oil pump pressure less crankcase pressure). But any pressures between 10 to 60 psi are ok.

A Copeland approved lube oil control will cut out at 9.5 psi after a 120 second delay. The oil bypass valve in the oil pump will prevent the oil from exceeding 60 psi.

The factors that affect oil pressures are: the size of compressor, oil temperature and the internal wear on the compressor.
    to add to what powell said;

incorrectly installed or non existent traps on certain

applications will factor in the oil return/pressure!

dont forget the oil level and the oil pump suction filter

k_alhassanat Guest

Hi Is There Any One Can Help Me With This Problem?i'm Facing A Trouble With A Refrigerator,brand (sharp).when Goes Off Via Timer It Doesn't Start On Again.i've Changed The Taimer Main Times But Nothing Have Been Changed But, I Noticed A Some Thing Strange In The Timer ,which Is The Motor Of This Timer Doesn't Move When The Refrigerator Disconnects,other Wise The 220 V It Isn't Connect With The Timer Motor Direct.