Thread: Hi from Oz

Hi from Oz

Hey people, I have enjoyed reading everyone's yabba about all sorts of different work details and I am looking foreward to the occasional chit-chat. I live in Cairns in the north of Australia and this is a harsh environment for equipment (eg. absolutely pouring down at the moment).
    I think it's great to see a forum where people can ask for help if they need it ... and from all over the world.
    Regards, B

Re: Hi from Oz

welcome!
    I went to port douglas a couple of years ago, you sure have a challenge with the heat and humidity out that way. Are your condensate drains storm water pipe sized?
    What sub-field are you in?

Hi Paul, 40mm SWV at least.....I've been self employed most of my life, have done mainly commercial refrigeration but as you know have to do a bit of everything....(domestic included, not these days) and as for port, was port douglas refrigeration for about 9 years....met some interesting people!!!!

Paul, is there a way to make a ping if someone replies to a thread to save refreshing?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Byronovich View Post
    Paul, is there a way to make a ping if someone replies to a thread to save refreshing?
    If you click on the Thread Tools you will see a 'Subscribe to Thread' option. Click that and you should get an email whenever there is some action on that thread.

Also, welcome to the forum.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

mrmoto Guest

Hi Byronovich, how are things downunder? I am looking to move to Oz - just need the experience here first (damn visa requirements). We were looking to move to Gawler nr Adelaide as we have a distant relative willing to rent one of his houses to us. What are the prospects like where you are?
    Welcome to the site!!!

Hey Byronovich,
    We're having a bit of a heat wave down south. Adelaide has has two weeks of over 35C and Melbournes not far behind. Which cause all the usuall drama's of units not condensing properly and everything tripping on H.P which makes thing especially busy.
    Cheers