this is a on going problem sense it was new.
It is a advantage chiller M# C-30APTSB , it has a copeland 30 ton 6 cylinder r-22 compressor M#6RP2-350-tsk-800. 460/3 phaze
It keeps taking out the compressors. its seen 9 compressors sense 1989 , every thing from valves to shorted windings. this will be the 3rd compressor that i will be installing , first one had bad valves. looked like it had been liquid slugged . so i installed a suction line accumlator & new compressor, filter dryers, charged system with liquid on the outlet side of the chiller barrel. did not here on noise from the copmpressor at all. checked super heat 14*F , checker unloader ok , checked all the saftys oil, low pressure, high pressure & so on. I'm thinken dam I'm good .
two months later it go,s out again pie in the face . but this time its shorted winding L3. I'm thinking brownout nope phaze protection on it i call the local wholesale house where i got the compressor tell them whats going on. they call me back & thought paper trail that this chiller has gone thought to many compressors no warranty? i tell them about valves on the first one & windings on this one, 2 different problems right wrong don't matter 2 strikes your out! 5700.00 down the crapper.
funny thing is the unit right next to it is its sister unit . only one number off on the S# from other chiller still has the same compressor it came with, besides the normal pressure control replacement , motors....... its a twin even down to the duct work & mod motors. cant figure it out, need help before i go postal !!!!!!!!!!!
p.s thinking on putting in a two 15 ton twin scroll compressor system. i know what your thinking junk the peace of _ _ _ _. but they wont do that, i tried