2013



Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: R404A charge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    China
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    R404A charge


    R404A must liquid charge.
    1) How to liquid charge ?
    2) How to know the charge is OK ?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Split Croatia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,951
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Ding Kangzhi View Post
    R404A must liquid charge.
    1) How to liquid charge ?
    2) How to know the charge is OK ?
    1. Depends of refrigerant drum type. If it is without tube to the bottom (inside) then you need to turn it upside down. If it is with tube, then in normal position.
    Check with sight glass in service manometer that is full with liquid. If you have liquid accumulator charge it in accumulator first and then top up on suction side carefully and with throttling (quick charger or with valve)
    2. Charge by weight if it is known. If not, then charge by subcooling and superheat. Simulate low ambient conditions and ensure enough superheat and soubcooling.

    Read this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3xggwmbndxx
    Last edited by nike123; 15-02-2008 at 08:57 AM.
    Now, when I am officialy citizen off EU, I am looking for decent job! For any job offer please check my profile!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Hi Ding Kangzhi,

    Better you add one port access for charging and one handvalve on the liquid line, if you want to charge the system while shutdown, just charge in to the port access.

    after you start the system and found that the liquid line sight glass has not full yet, so you close the hand valve and top up from the port while the pressure at that side lower than your refrigerant cylinder.

    Make sure what is the working pressure that you use.

    best regards,
    Martua

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    China
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Thanks

    I am informed that when charging R404A, the compressor can not shutdown, must running the compressor and using sight glass method to charge.

    Can you tell me more about charge the sytem while shutdown ? Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Ding Kangzhi View Post
    Thanks

    I am informed that when charging R404A, the compressor can not shutdown, must running the compressor and using sight glass method to charge.

    Can you tell me more about charge the sytem while
    shutdown ? Thanks
    Use only this method ,while shutdown is when your commissioning a new system or your lost the entire gas charge ...and your evacuated the system.While in vacuum & charge to full sightglass.

    Overwise , if its screw compressor just put your 60 kg bottle on the suction & let it go.

    Recip compressor , you need tread with alittle more caution & watch your discharge temperature ..Plus
    too much liquid refrigerant in your sump with an oil pump .You would lose your compressor on oil pressure switch.
    I have re -top up 400 kilo systems ,this method on 404a.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: R404A charge

    does it have a liquid reciever and sightglass?
    Or is a a critcal charge system, ie no liquid reciever?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    China
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    does it have a liquid reciever and sightglass?
    Or is a a critcal charge system, ie no liquid reciever?
    There are sightglass and water cooled condensor in system.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Is it a new installed cold room???

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    can anyone tell me what does a pp fault mean on a carel control

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Split Croatia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,951
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by saud khan View Post
    can anyone tell me what does a pp fault mean on a carel control
    What Carel model are you referring to?
    Now, when I am officialy citizen off EU, I am looking for decent job! For any job offer please check my profile!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    China
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Is it a new installed cold room???
    It is both new installed and repair after leakage

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    bekasi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Achiel_refri View Post
    Hi Ding Kangzhi,

    Better you add one port access for charging and one handvalve on the liquid line, if you want to charge the system while shutdown, just charge in to the port access.

    after you start the system and found that the liquid line sight glass has not full yet, so you close the hand valve and top up from the port while the pressure at that side lower than your refrigerant cylinder.

    Make sure what is the working pressure that you use.

    best regards,
    Martua
    hallo boss martua ??

    where is your position now??
    iran,,singapore,,or batam
    are yoy still in viking
    sorry if i'm knowing the wrong guy,,

    ady simamora

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    india
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by saud khan View Post
    can anyone tell me what does a pp fault mean on a carel control


    hi,
    pp means probe fail (temp sensor) of controller

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: R404A charge

    Im working in hospital we have Nuaire-86'c freezer with 2 stage compressor.Do you have any idea on how to charge R404,R134A/R508,R134A are they mixed up when charging pls help me?

    thanks and more power,

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    england
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,473
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Greajh View Post
    Im working in hospital we have Nuaire-86'c freezer with 2 stage compressor.Do you have any idea on how to charge R404,R134A/R508,R134A are they mixed up when charging pls help me?

    thanks and more power,
    Try contacting the manufacturers, they should be able to help with you with information.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    devon
    Age
    43
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: R404A charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Greajh View Post
    Im working in hospital we have Nuaire-86'c freezer with 2 stage compressor.Do you have any idea on how to charge R404,R134A/R508,R134A are they mixed up when charging pls help me?

    thanks and more power,
    you have a cascade system one refrigerant isthe others condensor start with the lest efficient refrigerant and work up these refrigerants are not mixed they are seperate do not mix at any cost all ref should be labelled on machine and watch the very low temp ref they can have high head pressure

Similar Threads

  1. To charge or not to charge?
    By Fire and Ice in forum Old Refrigeration Photos
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-01-2008, 09:11 PM
  2. Why not R404a?
    By afak in forum Technical Speculations
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
  3. Help please. How to charge a unit
    By God55 in forum Air Conditioning
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-03-2007, 11:07 AM
  4. Subcooling vs charge graph?
    By Larry2 in forum Fundamentals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
  5. Who's in charge?
    By chillin out in forum Chit Chat & Service Stories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •