AEG Fridge freezer fault

Hi, I know it must be annoying to have the public trespassing on a professional forum but I am totally strapped for cash so throw myself on your mercy.
    I have an AEG Santo 4085-8KG (Product code 924853681)out of warranty and the fridge temperature is set to 4 centigrade but freezes everything in it and the display shows a fault.

I have been told this model does not have a traditional thermostat so it is either the sensor (approx £10) or the Printed circuit board (approx £200) Can anyone help diagnose this, as I can't find a service manual anywhere on the web and really can't afford to call out an engineer.

Re: AEG Fridge freezer fault

Either way most companies wont sell spares directly to the public so you are going to have to call an engineer out or try and get the place where you bought it from to repair it. sorry. Chunk.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hi Pudding.

Welcome, it's OK we don't really bite that hard

I'm sure someone will come along and help but you might also like to try http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/

a search there might provide some answers.

As regards parts, well other people have been buying and fitting their own bits so you could get lucky.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Pudding sorry if i sounded a bit off. I have checked the interweb for your f/f and have come up with this site http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/locator.asp this will tell you where your nearest aeg/electrolux place is.Also on this site you will find the instruction manual.just type in the pnc number (924853681). I hope this helps. Cheers. Chunk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pudding101 View Post
    Hi, I know it must be annoying to have the public trespassing on a professional forum but I am totally strapped for cash so throw myself on your mercy.
    I have an AEG Santo 4085-8KG (Product code 924853681)out of warranty and the fridge temperature is set to 4 centigrade but freezes everything in it and the display shows a fault.

I have been told this model does not have a traditional thermostat so it is either the sensor (approx £10) or the Printed circuit board (approx £200) Can anyone help diagnose this, as I can't find a service manual anywhere on the web and really can't afford to call out an engineer.

Does the yellow indicator light is ON?
    What is temperature indicated on display?

This is explosion view:
    http://tinyurl.com/2pft3h

This is part list:
    http://tinyurl.com/2v2wcc
    Last edited by nike123; 15-02-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Many thanks to all for your responses: especially nike123.
    The links to parts list and exploded view are really useful.

In answer to your question, the temp display shows a square (top 4 segments of the LED figure 8 lit - which the user guide shows as a fault) It allows me to reset the temperature up or down but then (when it would normally show actual temperature,) it returns to displaying a square. There is no yellow indicator (assume you mean temp warning) light on.

Blog Entries

Try next. Open door of fridge and allow temperature rise above 0°C (say 5°C) and in meantime disconnect fridge from power supply and after 5 min reconnect, then watch display and lamps and tell us what it is on them!

OK will try this tonight when I get home from work and will let you know. Many thanks

Hi nike123,
    I tried what you suggested, but on switching the fridge back on, the display immediately went back to showing the square indicating a fault. No other lights showed

Blog Entries

Now, we came to parts checking. I don't think that is job for you because it could cost you more if you are not up to task, then service from authorized and equipped service tech. As you are concerned about costs, i think that is wise and cost effective to call service from there on.

OK thanks. Fortunately, my wife has found someone (friend of a friend) who is really a commercial refrigeration engineer but may be prefared to look at it. I now have the parts diagram you supplied the link to so I hope we should soon be sorted. Many thanks for all your help

Just to let everyone know we had a happy ending!

Wife's friend of a friend refrig. engineer didnt turn up so I took the temp display apart to see if I could find out by disconnecting the sensors whether the problem was the sensor or the PCB before ordering the parts.
    Having decided to order the PCB I put everything back together, ready to place the order and lo and behold...... the display was back to normal and everything was (and still is) working perfectly!

Looks like I was the victim of a loose connection between the sensor cable and the PCB. Thanks to all for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by pudding101 View Post

hi wot is the fault code