Richard11 Guest

Hello from EXTREME newbie,need advice

Hello everyone. I am from ontario Canada. Not sure i am at the right place or not, but here goes. I am interested in starting a new career. I would like to learn refrigeration.I am interested in starting out to get my "B" Refrigeration ticket. My father has been in the buisness for 40 yrs. He is a 2nd Class Stationary Engineer, and has his "A" Class refrigeration Ticket.
    Now my questions are, looking for some good material to learn. I know your probably saying, "ask your dad", but i think it everything just comes to easy for him, tells me so much stuff all at once, i get overwhelmed! lol. So, basicaly, can you point me to some of the articals or books or anything i need to get the ball rolling.I know once i have a general understanding, my father will be a GREAT asset, and will be able to answer any and all questions i may have.
    So i thank you in advance,
    Cant wait to hear from you all!!

Re: Hello from EXTREME newbie,need advice

Hi, Richard11

Welcome to RE forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard11 View Post
    Hello everyone. I am from ontario Canada. Not sure i am at the right place or not, but here goes. I am interested in starting a new career. I would like to learn refrigeration.I am interested in starting out to get my "B" Refrigeration ticket. My father has been in the buisness for 40 yrs. He is a 2nd Class Stationary Engineer, and has his "A" Class refrigeration Ticket.
    Now my questions are, looking for some good material to learn. I know your probably saying, "ask your dad", but i think it everything just comes to easy for him, tells me so much stuff all at once, i get overwhelmed! lol. So, basicaly, can you point me to some of the articals or books or anything i need to get the ball rolling.I know once i have a general understanding, my father will be a GREAT asset, and will be able to answer any and all questions i may have.
    The best for you in this moment is to search RE forums...you will find a lot of links to different literature available on www some free some not...links to some good software also some free some not...and so on...

I believe other members will suggest you the same

....then you come back with questions

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard11 View Post
    Welcome to RE!
    From my personal experience, best way to learn something is when you have concrete problem/question and than ask questions and read/research literature on subject. Also ask any person with knowledge on that field. With that interactive approach you learn fast and hardly ever forget what you learn! Don't restrict yourself on one field, instead learn also about other connected disciplines. And, most important, newer stop learning!
    I wish you hunger for learning!

Welcome from Belgium.
    Dossat Roy is a good book to start with.
    Every day, new books are posted on Ebay.

Make sure your understand the log/P charts, that you can apply these in real life situations.
    If you can do this, then you can solve many problems.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hi Richard I worked in Canada for many years I have an Interprovincial refrigeration mechanic license, unless you want to be an stationary engineer. My advice is go and get an apprenticeship and become a refrigeration mech. get the yellow pages out and call companies or call local 707 union if my memory serves me correct that is the local number. Any way welcome to the form and I wish you luck.

Regards Norm
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

Hi Richard, i have something that may be of help to you. Send me an email and i shall forward you the information.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

Richard11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    Hi Richard, i have something that may be of help to you. Send me an email and i shall forward you the information.
    Not sure how to do this, dont see your address anywhere???

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Richard/Marc
    Click on the user name (Richard11 or Marc5180) and then click on 'view public profile'.

You should then see below the user name 'download vCard'. If you click on that you will be sent an Outlook email entry.

[hopefully ]
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Richard11 Guest

Thanx, much appreciated

Richard11 Guest

emailed, and waiting for reply! lol

Just emailed you.
    Thanks Brian
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc