reefer24hour Guest

friendly hello from Canada

Hello to all fellow reefer junkies!

Working on my tenth year in the industry. Gone from grease monkey to entrapeneur to distributor to salesman to crazy!

I have officaially been an enemy of "the big two" as they are refered to in North America, selling Eurofrigo and Mitsubishi units in Toronto for the past 5 years, in short, I am not liked by the local dealers.

I have noticed though, in european markets, you guys are getting hosed big time on parts. For example, the one conversation I read about TK's cab command (V200), refering to the price between it and the elliwel, news flash, the TK cab command is an elliwel! Look good, on the board, aside from 'made in italy', you'll find it!!

Alot of history of truck refrigeration begins in the USA, where the idea was born and the first ever patent obtained (1939) by the US Thermo Corporation (later Thermo King). Of course the fall of Trane, rise of FFE/Carrier, fall of TK and birth of the 51/49 market share.

I have some great friends I have networked with over the years, some of which have retired and worked at Carrier during many historical events. I've got good stories if anyone is interested.

I look forward to some good feed back, this site is great!

Re: friendly hello from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by reefer24hour View Post
    Hello to all fellow reefer junkies!

Working on my tenth year in the industry. Gone from grease monkey to entrapeneur to distributor to salesman to crazy!

I have officaially been an enemy of "the big two" as they are refered to in North America, selling Eurofrigo and Mitsubishi units in Toronto for the past 5 years, in short, I am not liked by the local dealers.

I have noticed though, in european markets, you guys are getting hosed big time on parts. For example, the one conversation I read about TK's cab command (V200), refering to the price between it and the elliwel, news flash, the TK cab command is an elliwel! Look good, on the board, aside from 'made in italy', you'll find it!!

Alot of history of truck refrigeration begins in the USA, where the idea was born and the first ever patent obtained (1939) by the US Thermo Corporation (later Thermo King). Of course the fall of Trane, rise of FFE/Carrier, fall of TK and birth of the 51/49 market share.

I have some great friends I have networked with over the years, some of which have retired and worked at Carrier during many historical events. I've got good stories if anyone is interested.

I look forward to some good feed back, this site is great!

Welcome TO RE reefer24,

You sound like a man after my own heart.. I wonder if your my twin..

Any way glad to see another reefer guy around here.

Did you find the transport folder ok?

A-Z