Smile working in Norway.....

Hi Lads, Im going to live in Norway for a few months,maybe a year.have just got my visa( im from New Zealand) and was wondering about getting a job there..How possible is it with the language barrier..?
    Iv got around 8 years exp in commercial and industrial refrig..

any help would be great

Cheers

Blog Entries

Re: working in Norway.....

Whereabouts in Norway will ya be stayin lad?

Easy to get a job in industrial if you know a little bit about it, but if you are only staying for a short time the companies will not spend any time or money on educating you further, other than the time you spend with other service engineers.

The language won't be a barrier, English is taught as a second language from forth grade up, so as long as you don't get stuck with one of the grumpy old guys you should be fine

But if you will, shoot me a pm and tell me a little more about your experience and I'll send you some contact info you can use.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Hi Tycho,
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    Im thinking either Stavanger or Bergen.. Im new to this site, cant figure out how to pm!
    Anyways, I did my time with Hussmann a few years ago,supermarket refrig and plenty of other heavy commercial stuff.have been working for a large international company here, mainly industrial refrig and a/c,chilled water systems,process refrig etc..
    Have plenty of exp rebuilding comps(mainly recips) and work on centrif systems alot..

cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by licencetochill View Post
    Hi Tycho,
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    Im thinking either Stavanger or Bergen.. Im new to this site, cant figure out how to pm!
    Anyways, I did my time with Hussmann a few years ago,supermarket refrig and plenty of other heavy commercial stuff.have been working for a large international company here, mainly industrial refrig and a/c,chilled water systems,process refrig etc..
    Have plenty of exp rebuilding comps(mainly recips) and work on centrif systems alot..

cheers

Just click the Tycho- next to my picture and click "send private message etc etc"

If you want to get into companies working with large industrial plants and on ships, you'd have to come to Aalesund (Ålesund) as that is the furthest south you'd find any real industrial companies.

And the contacts I have spans from Ålesund and northwards, so Bergen and Stavanger is a kinda blank to me in regards of what companies are serving that area.

I mentioned to my boss today that There was a NZ guy coming to norway that was interested in work for a year or so and he asked me "does he speak norwegian" I said, No, he's from New Zealand, I guess he speaks Newzealish" and he said "Oh..."

give me a day or two, and I'll dig up some websites for you on companies in those areas, they'll be mostly commercial/supermarket kinda companies tho.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Lightbulb Re: working in Norway.....

I have a few tips for you. I'll dig up my contacts and see if there's anything that fits your needs. As Tycho says there's not much south of Ålesund if you don't want to go to the oil industry. But then again you'd need special certificates and such. Other than that if you want to work within HVAC there's no problem getting a job no matter where.

BK

Blog Entries

almost forgot

here's a list of most ref companies sorted by county, should make it easier for you

http://www.kulde.biz/sider/entreprenorer.html
    -Cheers-

Tycho