Exclamation Isolcell, Italy Controlled Atmosphere Storage

Any one having experience in setting up Isolcell, Italy Controlled Atmosphere Storage. Please contact. Setting up an 8 rooms, 1,000 ton system in Karachi - Pakistan.
    Need to discuss various aspects.

Re: Isolcell, Italy Controlled Atmosphere Storage

Though we have not used Isolcell in our projects , have used many Italian equipments for Similar projects earlier. There were Ref units, Doors from Italy.

Are u going in for a central plant?

Smile Re: Isolcell, Italy Controlled Atmosphere Storage

Quote Originally Posted by smpsmp45 View Post
    Though we have not used Isolcell in our projects , have used many Italian equipments for Similar projects earlier. There were Ref units, Doors from Italy.

Are u going in for a central plant?
    Thanks SMP for your response. The Ref units you used previously - were they ***** or Ammonia ? Is there any adverse experience on Doors, like leakage etc.?

Hi, dawoodag

Quote Originally Posted by dawoodaq View Post
    Thanks SMP for your response. The Ref units you used previously - were they ***** or Ammonia ? Is there any adverse experience on Doors, like leakage etc.?
    of course, complete set up of the room must be sealed, including panels and special doors....maybe I can help a little if you come with more details you want to find out...

..... you can use any type of refrigerant...but for big plants I will suggest to design it with indirect ammonia cooling system...definitely

....what you want to store...fruits...vegetables...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

We had used ***** units. But central plant was much cheaper as the total load say is 80TR for all the rooms as the load varis in each room. but if you select the untis for each room peak load, the unit capacity works out to over 25 TR. Ofcourse the figures are only for comparision & to show the effect of individual units against central plant

Please explain what you need. The air tightness is the most improtant. We tried Ultra Low oxygen but we had some faluir because of leaks.

Dear Josip,
    Have you worked for Isolcell ?
    What are you doing now adays ?
    Best Regards,
    Dawood

Hi, dawoodaq

Dear Josip,
    Have you worked for Isolcell ?
    What are you doing now adays ?
    Best Regards,
    Dawood
    No, I was working with some Isolcell guy many years ago...for the rest see my profile, please (click on my avatar)

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

marcus64 Guest

I would report my positive experience with an italian firm leader in controlled atmosphere storage. I'm involved in fruit trader and I'm using their equipment since 1979. This company is Fruit Control Equipments and as far as I know they installed few CA stores in India also with good success. You can ask them additional infos

khan3566 Guest

Any one having experience in setting up Isolcell, Italy Controlled Atmosphere Storage. Please contact. Setting up an 8 rooms, 1,000 ton system in Karachi - Pakistan.
    Need to discuss various aspects.
    we instald isolclle italya C.A cold storage in karachi pakistan.1000 ton capacty.year2008. any inqury kindly contact me... sohail khan peengineer_3566@yahoo.com

Building good cold stores is not simple.

You need to know the minimum temp. Relative humidity required. Maximum ambient. Ground temp.

If its below 4°C, then you need to insulate the floor as well with plates of the same thickness as the walls.

If the room is above 5 meters in hight then a steel construction is needed.

The walls should start from the bottom of the inside floor.
    All the gaps should be filled with polyurethane.

From experience, walls thickness should always be one size larger then any calculating programme tells.

If you open the doors many times a day, sliding doors are better even though they are more expensive.

Minus temp require cooled entrance corridor.

An outside sheet steel envelope will block the Sun direct heating, and rain.

Good drainage of the floor is just as important.

My bottom line is that the insulated plates manufacturer is not so important, but the quality and wight of polyurethane per square meter makes the difference.