Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Single screw compressor

Working for manufacturers will allow you to learn a lot in a short time. They see every little problem you can think of with refrigeraiton systems.

Why?

Because everyone always blames the equipment for not working properly and they have to work with the customer to provide a solution.

If you do this for the learning experience it is OK. If you do this for the money you will be disappointed.

If all else fails, ask for help.

Kamaludeen Guest

good day,Hello Sir, I am kamaludeen from saudi Arabia. We have Hallscrew HS2031 compressors with fridgewatch 2000 controller. We have problem with this controller. Could you please help me in solving the problem or please send me the resetting controller manual to my mail ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi dvtruc,
    in my experience there is little differance in performance or effeciency, the only draw back with single Halls screws is the increased maintenance requirement compared to a single screw of the same duty. This is offset a little by the loe cost of the service spares. If you have a number of Halls screw requiring the same tool kit costs are reduced, if not it is very expensive to buy the tools just to maintain one or two screw compressors.
    Stick to a twin screw such as a Howden unless you are able to do the overalls yourself and you have the tools.
    Regards. Andy
    Last edited by Andy; 28-01-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Removed Email

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi Mark C
    I have seen a little more of the technology behind the Vilter recently, the cool compression seems a good idea. I don,t think Vilter are going for the low temperature market
    Kind Regards. Andy.
    Stay away from cool compression. It acts up terribly if condensing pressure changes during operation. The advantages just don't outweigh the potential problems.

Reality check here. The screws dont have much between them. seriously they are practically the same in every way. All it is with reliabilty is that the engineer who built the machine and the engineer who is looking after the machine. All manufacturers test their machines to destruction im sure. They know what they can do. Single screw is very reliable as long as the running conditions are correct. I have had one running a very long time 10yrs+ on -25 duty single stage and has never had a bearing change. Just the same as ive seen twin screws doing the same. Design and commissioning is important but not everything.

airaakram Guest

Tri-Therm AC2120i/HA3R CHILLER IOM AND CONTROL DIAGRAM

HI every one i need tri-therm AC2120i/HA3R IOM an automation control diagrams if some one have please send it to my e-mail airaakram@yahoo.com because previous maintenance contractor has missplaced I came to know tri-therm company has closed so i unable to contact them early responce will be highly appreciated
    thanks
    akram

LOL I guess nobody here went to the Frick sales meeting? Nice presentation on single screws vs twin screws.

I purchased 4 Vilter VSS mono screws, had many problems with capacity control gear motors, liguid injection control and pump problems. Slide valves would rub on the screw and gate rotors would wear out quickly. Also had to rebuild each one as least once in a five year period. I now have 4 Frick RWF-II twin screws and have had to rebuild only one in ten years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12