Hybrid View

Hi dvtruc,
    in my experience there is little differance in performance or effeciency, the only draw back with single Halls screws is the increased maintenance requirement compared to a single screw of the same duty. This is offset a little by the loe cost of the service spares. If you have a number of Halls screw requiring the same tool kit costs are reduced, if not it is very expensive to buy the tools just to maintain one or two screw compressors.
    Stick to a twin screw such as a Howden unless you are able to do the overalls yourself and you have the tools.
    Regards. Andy

Kamaludeen Guest

Re: Single screw compressor

good day,Hello Sir, I am kamaludeen from saudi Arabia. We have Hallscrew HS2031 compressors with fridgewatch 2000 controller. We have problem with this controller. Could you please help me in solving the problem or please send me the resetting controller manual to my mail ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi dvtruc,
    in my experience there is little differance in performance or effeciency, the only draw back with single Halls screws is the increased maintenance requirement compared to a single screw of the same duty. This is offset a little by the loe cost of the service spares. If you have a number of Halls screw requiring the same tool kit costs are reduced, if not it is very expensive to buy the tools just to maintain one or two screw compressors.
    Stick to a twin screw such as a Howden unless you are able to do the overalls yourself and you have the tools.
    Regards. Andy
    Last edited by Andy; 28-01-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Removed Email