i wasnt sure if this was the right place for this thread,, but it is a troubleshooting issue...

i have a manitowoc Q210 air cooled ice machine that has been shutting off occasionally. the error code on the LED says that it has gone more than 3 1/2 minutes for 3 consecutive harvest cycles. ive looked at it a few times,, and all the readings i have taken were within reason. also,, the times i have looked at it, it has never missed a cycle.
after a few days of thinking about it,, i decided to call the Racine water dept. i asked them if the water temp in lake michigan had dropped recently (we had a cold spell a couple of weeks ago) they said that the water temp had dropped a couple of degrees in the last 2 weeks and the current temp was around 33f.
i went back to the ice machine and ran it for several cycles with the door closed. sure enough,, after the 3rd cycle the water reservoir slushed up with ice,,, and the water pump was barely pumping. this caused the freezing grid to build up ice unevenly and it would trip the thickness sensor. without having a full sheet of ice, the harvest mode was unable to drop the ice. eventually the ice would melt and it would start a new cycle.
anyhow,,, i left the door open and it runs fine. when the water temp rises i can return the ice machine to normal operation.

i just thought i would post this for reference, im no rocket scientist, but who woulda thought a couple degrees of difference would have such an impact.