Thread: carrier 30HS

Question carrier 30HS

Hello i hope someone can help, iam trying to find an O&M manual for a carrier 30HS chiller which has remote condensor's. I had a callout to an M&S site today and had trouble understand the controller. If anyone has any information on this chiller it will be much appreciated.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: carrier 30HS

Do you know which controller it is using?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Joeheath
    I've worked on many HS30 chillers, my 30 page manual is in NZ + I'm in Ausi - sorry. Some have had thier controllers replaced. They are pretty simple control usually with pumpout, pumpdown, hp/lp limmit and staging. Larger lead comps. Most faults I found are 1;vibration = 2;leak SOG = 3;log oil in evap and out on oil press. And the oil level 1/8 - 3/8 glass. Oil press req carlyle comp pocketbook, for memory 17 psi on old comp and 19 psi on newer comps. discharge mufflers are essential. 10k subcooling is good, 6k superheat at svalve. Valves - check heads - one side warm to hot, other cool to sweet. EEV check for moisture at terminals. EV tails leak. If you need more send a note to me.
    Ta Stu

I,am not sure what the controller is called, it has a number key pad 1-9 on the right and stat,serv,hist,ent,up&down keys next to it with a readout dislay above, i think it might be flotronic?

Sounds like a flotronic controller, the keypad you describe sounds like a standard HSIO & if you key in 1 STAT & then press the down arrow you should get the info then 2 STAT & so on you should find most of the info you require.
    Give yourself a bit of time & most of the info should show itself pretty easy
    If you can get the model & serial I might be able to round up some info, those units must be getting a bit long in the tooth now if you have that style of controller

Your controller is a Flotronic 2 and was used on many of the 30 series chillers in the 90's. If you mention your email address i may be able to send you a copy of the controls book. Do you know the date of manufacture of your chiller and is it French or American made.

Gibbo

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Your controller is a Flotronic 2 and was used on many of the 30 series chillers in the 90's. If you mention your email address i may be able to send you a copy of the controls book. Do you know the date of manufacture of your chiller and is it French or American made.

Gibbo
    The date of manufacure was 1992, iam not sure weather it's french or american.

if you have a copy of the controles book it will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Joeheath; 01-02-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Model & serial will tell where it was manufactured if you can get those.

Hi gibbo, i noticed this post and I am in need for a control manual for a 30gh-150 flotronic , if you could help it would be much apprieciated, thanks troy