problem: called to site to find mains 3 phase supply fault, that is red phase 199v yellow 199v blue 230v. resulting in 1 phase not registering voltage. obviously supply fault and i'm still waiting for utd utils to dig the road up.
ac and fridge cond unit comps red hot and internally tripped or tripped on thermistor.
with systems isolated the only test i can carry out on scroll compressors is a winding resistance check. this will tell me if the motor will try to run once power is restored or if the motor has been damaged and i need to try to get a replacement before power supply fault is rectified. i know its not conclusive but it's all i've got.
ok during the day the compressor manufacturers tech helpline is open and i can use that to get the resistance readings. compare that to the readings i get using an ohm meter and deduce whether or not the windings are damaged.
i can't do that in the middle of the night.
So the point of this post is to find out how i can calculate the winding resistance of a compressor, knowing the voltage, full load current and output watts of the compressor