I previously posted problem of Hotpoint FF200E Fridge Freezer I purchased August 2007, product developed a problem in October with the fridge getting warm and the freezer getting to cold, service engineer came out, removed a panel and cleared fridge duct of ice blockage with a hair dryer and suggested we turn off the fridge freezer for a few hours every few weeks to avoid ice build up. Now have the same problem again and waiting a service engineer again under warranty. Have requested replacement product of a different model from Hotpoint, Hotpoint tell me I can have a replacement if the engineer can not repair the problem. Problem is the engineer may simply remove the panel use the hair dryer and claim the fridge freezer is repaired and working again, 3 months later I will no doubt have the same problem if thats the case. I think the FF200E has a basic problem with the technology having seen other postings on the web complaining of the same fault, can anyone suggest a good replacement Hotpoint product and advise on potential problem of service engineer insisting the fridge freezer is repaired and working ok,