Hi everyone, this post is related to the thread:

refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10925

Thankyou to everyone who provided some help in the last thread. The a/c was installed yesterday, along with the Daikin Wiring Adaptor for Stop/Start Interface (model KRP413A1S).

Everything works as I expected, the KRP starts and stops the inside unit as exepcted, and I am very very happy from that perspective.

Of course now I face others hurdles.

The inside unit is mounted at the top of a stairwell that leads down into a cellar, which is about 4m down. I have the vertical vent positioned completely downwards (as far as it will go). and the horizinal vent away from the closest wall it was positioned next to as suggested in the user manual.

The cellar is very well insulated, and is completely sealed apart from an exhaust fan at the top of the stairwell and a fresh air vent in the bottom of the cellar. Even the door is sealed.

For now I have had the a/c working at full capacity, to bascially see what it is capable of, I have managed to bring the core cellar temperature down about 4-5 degreesC (19degC in the cellar). Good news is it has had little impact on humidity which is stable between 70-75%.

I have measured the air coming out of the indoor unit directly at 13degC so its certainly delivering nice cool air. I have a few questions?

1. How can I get more of that cooler air down into the cellar? Perhaps the vents need to be pointed in a different direction? I would have thought the cold air would drop into the abyss of the cellar.

2. How can I keep the compressor running for longer without it cutting out when the temperature in the stairwell hits 18degC (the setting on the remote)? The temperature in the stairwell is about 2-3DegC cooler than in the guts of the cellar, so the compressor on the a/c stops long before I need it to. Is there anything I can do to trick the indoor unit it is warmer ? Can I insulate the thyristor in the unit ? Cover up the holes at the front of the unit for the temperature sensor? Is there a way to stop the compressor turning on/off like this ?

Any advice would be appreicated.

I also have the manual for the KRP413A1S, so if anybody does need it, just PM me, I'll happily forward it on.