More Tales (of the unexpected)

Guinea West Africa 1984 Banancora diamond mine.Carrier seagoing container -21c 10tons meat ,leak, R22 ,only engineers on site had basic knowledge domestic refrigeration ,part contents held in any available freezers balance buried 2mtrs,word has it the buzzards were overhead for weeks.Grump arrives on site More reliable
    container now up and running,carry out repairs to window rattlers,twin engined aircraft ac,transport ac, Daikin splits,Teach ex pats and locals,trouble shooting and repair.Invited down to village by locals mud huts sat down with village chief gave them tobaco (men) chanell(women) In return they gave me fruit also some dried seeds which they suggested i should smoke,hear we go loopy loo,never could hack the whacky backy,but this stuff took me out off the bush to a higher level.To be continued.

Thumbs up Re: More Tales (of the unexpected)

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Guinea West Africa 1984 Banancora diamond mine.Carrier seagoing container -21c 10tons meat ,leak, R22 ,only engineers on site had basic knowledge domestic refrigeration ,part contents held in any available freezers balance buried 2mtrs,word has it the buzzards were overhead for weeks.Grump arrives on site More reliable
    container now up and running,carry out repairs to window rattlers,twin engined aircraft ac,transport ac, Daikin splits,Teach ex pats and locals,trouble shooting and repair.Invited down to village by locals mud huts sat down with village chief gave them tobaco (men) chanell(women) In return they gave me fruit also some dried seeds which they suggested i should smoke,hear we go loopy loo,never could hack the whacky backy,but this stuff took me out off the bush to a higher level.To be continued.
    I like your stories Grump. Don't be put off because we don't reply. A good interesting link does not allways need a reply.
    By the way do you know the wisened engineer "MR ALFIE" he has stories similar to yours.
    Cheers Grizzly

Re: More Tales (of the unexpected)

Hi Grizzly Don,t know Mr Alfie i will continue with my stories from the distant past Grump

[QUOTE=grump;88578]Guinea West Africa 1984 Invited down to village by locals mud huts sat down with village chief .... In return they gave me .... some dried seeds which they suggested i should smoke,,,,,,, QUOTE]

Geee Grump, I dont know about some of your yarns YUK YUK Sometimes I think yer winding us up .... anyhow go on then, what kind of a-c was fitted on the mud huts? window shakers would probably collapse those teepee type constructions I reckon. ....

Maybe too much of that wacky backy did a Walter Mitty on yer memory recall.

You should write yer memoirs ,,, then maybe Hollywood would make a movie of your travels - there's already ConAir with Nick Cage starring so you cant use that one; maybe your movie could be Adventures of a (Air) Con Man

best regards
    T-P
    Remember what Augustus once said:
    "festina lente" - make haste, slowly!

Hi thermoprince,natural draught air conditioning re mud huts. No toilet extract a hole in the ground minimum 5mtrs from said residence.Occupants could not understand why anyone would install an indoor toilet.
    Indeed they thought it was rather distasteful.
    Please accept the stories i tell are the truth and nothing but the truth, so be it. Grump