Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving to Aus

moving to Aus

Hi, i'm j.j. i work mostly in supermarket down in devon just starting the process of applying for visa for Australia, anyone else doing the same or already working in Aus?

Cheers

j.j.

Re: moving to Aus

Hi, jjthefridge

Quote Originally Posted by jjthefridge View Post
    Hi, i'm j.j. i work mostly in supermarket down in devon just starting the process of applying for visa for Australia, anyone else doing the same or already working in Aus?

Cheers

j.j.
    Just to check how is all about I sent one application for some industrial ammonia refrigeration position....they were more then happy with my CV and skills....,but not with my age....

I told them I need only a temporary visa up to 1 year, renewable, wahtever...don't want to move forever to Aus.....later on no sign of them....

...hope you will have more luck

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Cheers

j.j.
    Greetings jjthefridge,
    welcome to the RE community

Good luck with the Aus relocation, someday i may consider it myself.

Regards A-Z

Come down, there is plenty of work for good mechanics. Fridgy's are in short supply especially industrial, no matter what age.

Hi, Eski

Quote Originally Posted by Eski View Post
    Come down, there is plenty of work for good mechanics. Fridgy's are in short supply especially industrial, no matter what age.
    Show me the way...seems too difficult to get papers

Best regards, Josip
    Last edited by Josip; 07-01-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Pave the path for Joisp

Maybe worthwhile trying again josip.
    Skills shortage is worse than ever and we've just had a compete change in government. The last government was really though on immigration, this one is more likely to address the skills issue and look to more import techs.
    the last government was more interested in just getting cheap labour from overseas, hopefully this government is more interested in quality and training.
    Last edited by paul_h; 07-01-2008 at 03:17 PM.

It sounds like career/proffession opportunities, Knocking at the door.

I know they need some Reefer-technicians along with other transport refrigerated professionals there as well.

For the details on that you need to talk to Thermo-Prince. He will help you with they key contacts.

Regards A-Z

Hi, Paul_h
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    Maybe worthwhile trying again josip.
    Skills shortage is worse than ever and we've just had a compete change in government. The last government was really though on immigration, this one is more likely to address the skills issue and look to more import techs.
    the last government was more interested in just getting cheap labour from overseas, hopefully this government is more interested in quality and training.
    agree with you....but where to ask...I'm not lazy guy but to write so much papers....explanations....don't know even the names for those documents....seems too high obstacles or at least too many.....

....is there some government office taking care about list of available skilled manpower.....

Best regards, Josip

i got to Australia in 2007 on a 136 visa, i went to Brisbane and found i was unable to get work as i don't have the licences req'd (electrical and refrigerant).
    Secured a job back in the UK and decided to head back for a couple of years and sort it from this side.

Chris

Hi,

Cheers guys for replys had an e-mail from vetassess about details they want for written assessment, time to get writing and photo coping,

j.j.

We're moving there this year. I'm in a slightly different boat as I'm going via spouse visa.
    I'm trying to find out if I need anything special qualifications-wise to do project engineering / management at the moment, so any advice there would be appreciated.

I have been told that I do not have to do the Trade Recognition thing as I'm not moving on the skilled visa, but that it may help to find a job if I want / need to go on the tools to get work.
    However, I'm kind of hoping that having worked most of my life for 2 industry leaders will speak for itself as the cost of doing the TRA is astronomical!

Because;

a) Trane don't do transfers.
    b) Trane no longer owns the Australasia operation. They sold it to Dalkia.
    c) I no longer work for Trane. Still happy to help here with tech. stuff though. If I can't remember it, I still have friends at Trane who will.

Having said that, I do have Trane / Dalkia contacts in Australia & will be exploring the possibilities soon.
    However, I spent most of my time at Trane in the office, doing tech. support, projects & quotes, which is part of why I'm more inclined to stay in projects if I can.
    There are other reasons too. For e.g, although I'm mainly back on the tools now, my joints are feeling it!
    And also I like knowing when I will be home. Especially as I hope to have a family soon. Although maybe that's a good reason to do a lot of standby!

Remember too, that I am not emigrating on a skilled visa. My wife is Australian & wants to return home. Having asked the TRA people, I was told that it is only essential to take the TRA for a skilled migration. In my case & similar ones, it's not necessary, but may help in the quest for work.

My understanding is that once in the country, the only (ha!) required papers to allow you to work are the Artic licence, the local limited electrical licence, and dependant on state, a limited plumbers licence and also a blue card.
    Last edited by FreezerGeezer; 10-01-2008 at 11:24 PM.

I appologise if this has already been covered,
    " I'm kind of hoping that having worked most of my life for 2 industry leaders will speak for itself as the cost of doing the TRA is astronomical!"
    The Australian Refrigeration Council were initially notoriously hard to deal with, I believe they are no longer issuing "experienced persons" licences & I know of several people who are still battling to get thier ARCtick license, these are people with Australian trade certificates and even one with navy discharge papers, the problem was ARC were only accepting specific Trade certificates, many of the state ones wern't accepted, I believe it is a little easier now.
    The AIRAH offer Trade assesment with recognition of Prior Learning or experience for about $650 Aus dollars, The national restricted electrical training will set you back about $1400 Aus dollars with a license fee of around $120 depending on the state (you also need reference or endorsement from a licensed electrical fitter/mechanic or Contractor) to recieve this license in New South Wales. Occupational Health and Safety Training is about $100 Aus dollars depending on state with a similar price on the issue of a card.
    Also in New south Wales at least if you are self employed or employed on a contract basis you will need a contractors license (though in an engineering or design role wouldn't require that it be designated qualified (this is for hands on work) if you were an employee this would be replaced by a qualified supervisors certificate both are about $125 Aus dollars per year, from memory the actual ARC license is $100 dollars for 2 years, seperate certificates or licenses are also required to purchase refrigerant,work at heights or in confined spaces and provide first aid (senior first aid is a requirement for most leading hand,supervisory roles)
    I don't know if our recent change in government will scuttle the plans for a continuing proffesional development program that was on the books, but since electrical trades already have it I would say its coming, so we can all look forward to mandatory minimum training throught the year in order to keep licenses current.
    Sounds depressing I know, but on the bright side, its all tax deductable & you kind of get into a groove where filling out forms becomes second nature.

Cheers

Drew

We have sponsored some mechnics from South Africa and the UK over the years.
    We are always looking for industrial mechanics.

Here are some useful links

The requested link:
    Booklet 11: ‘Sponsoring a temporary overseas employee to Australia' and
    application forms
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1154.pdf

Online application option:
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/employer-sponsored.htm

Further links you may find useful:

· To view the frequently asked questions
    See:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/FAQ_457_visa_holders.pdf

· To download application forms
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books11.htm

· Recent changes to the subclass 457 - English language requirements
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/changes-eng-req.htm

· Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Additional Information
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/index.htm

· Application costs
    See: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf (page 4)

Note: You will need a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader to download
    booklets or forms.
    See: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

The DIAC Contact Centre hopes this e-mail is useful. Please do not reply to
    this e-mail. If you have any further questions ring DIAC on 131 881.

DIAC's Client Service Charter tells you about
    our commitment to quality service
    how you can help us help you
    service standards
    our information and services
    how to provide feedback or make a complaint

See :
    http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/index.htm

See also: DIAC's privacy policy:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/functional/privacy.htm

Hi Paul,
    with reference to your coments regarding sponsorship in Australia as i mostly work on supermarket refrigeration do you know of any companies currently looking for refrigeration engineers.

j.j.

Hi j.j.
    You can check these 2 sites, www.Seek.com.au and www.CareerOne.com.au
    Only problem is a lot of companies don't bother advertising as there is such a shortage of mechanics in Aust. Google Supermarket Refrigeration Installation in Australia only and I reckon you will get the lot. They will all have email addresses I reckon.
    You can also try some of the employment agencies like Hays or Conquest Personnel.
    There are a few companies who do supermarket service, in Adelaide there is Simms and Altech.
    Hope this helps.
    Paul

Paul,

cheers for advice, i'll look into the site few e-mails see what comes back. Do most places in Aus shut down for a couple of weeks over christmas?

Do you have company car tax in Aus? used to be in uk that that you could use company vans at evenings/weekends no tax but seeing as people over here use 4x4 pick ups as company cars(no tax) so every one now is liable to pay tax on company vans if you use them for personal use, costs me about £55/$120 per month but can't buy and run a new van for that money, just another tax.

j.j.

jollycold
    you will find any fridgie who knows what he is doing gets a lot more then the award. This is a base for Government employed guys.
    And yes they are some restrictions with regards to who they let in, I am sure the US would be the same.
    As there has just been a change of government things may get better.

jj
    All our mechanics have a company car which they can use for private use, mobile phone, get paid overtime if they work more then 38 hours a week, get a minimum of 4 hours pay if called out after hours, all safety gear supplied, living away allowance each day if working away, get standby money if on call, all work travel expenses are paid for and a few other benefits.
    the average mechanic can expect to earn $60 - $70 per year. If they work a lot of overtime it can be more.
    We have 3 non Australian mechanics working for us at thye moment and another starting in a months time and they are pretty happy.
    Mechanics in Aust don't get paid as much as those in the US and possibly the UK but the bigger companies in Aust are trying to push the rates up so they can pay their mechanics more.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jollycold View Post
    This won't change, they raise the bar they lower the bar but fundamentally the bar is rightly kept high...

The UK suffered from poor immigration control and is now attempting to introduce a similar points system. However those already in will be quietly forgotten about in a "Ah watchagonnado?" way.
    Poverty and crime has soared in the UK. Gangs of all nationalities compete with each other to rob and kill the 'locals'. Certain sections are now -unofficially- considered no go area's for the police as the oft question posed 'is it coz I is black?' often means it's not worth the hassle catching them..

Back on track.Wages are just a part of the equation. It would be better if you quoted basic wage rather than the above as not all want/will work overtime. Living costs are actually quite high when you include silly things like doctors fees etc

http://grocery.bestpricedirectory.com.au/

Adelaide was always a relatively cheap city to live in (compared to Sydney & Melbourne ) and the most "English" by far.And very attractive it is too..

http://users.cobweb.com.au/~rbuckley/

However as you know these past 5 years has seen house prices increased above wages (*although AU has had some correction recently) Beach front properties are at a premium and lots have been sub divided and sub divided again.Again SA has certainly suffered less from this.

Of course the big surprise is that Australia is quite densely populated -or at least the habitual parts as 90% live within 60 miles form the sea. In the same way that the UK -or even the U.S- isn't actually densely populated as a whole rather just certain sections ...

The big problem is that an awful lot think Australia is 'gods own country' and moving out there will solve all their problems but as the boomerangs will testify -same s.h.i.t. different bucket
    I'm in perth with a huge UK immigrant population, as well as S.A. population. I'm just working for a small business doing mainly domestic, but a bit of cafe/hotel, marine, ultralow medical stuff and a few turboprop aircraft.
    For a 38 hr week I get $au59k, or about au$940 in my hand after tax.
    Being a small business and mainly domestic/warranty I'm on the low end of the current pay rates.
    rent would be $350 for a pretty average house.
    However I bought a house at au$350k (they're not this cheap anymore try 450k for an average house), so I'm paying $620 per week mortgage, leaving $320 per week
    to live on.
    That's f all, but my g/f works too and covers the bills on her wage, I just take care of the mortgage.
    Without her I'd be living week to week, food bill is around $100, a pint cost $8 (only go to the pub on sundays as it is )
    All the other bills are about $100 a week (gas, power, phone combined).

So even if the award is $19p/h , and I'm getting $30p/h I still don't really earn enough to improve my lot in life, just enough to live at my current level OK.
    With renting you'd be a lot better off though, you'd have a spare 300 a week. That's what I used to save enough to afford a house and mortgage.

Of course there's plenty of overtime since every company is short staffed. I gave the basic wages before of $940 in my hand, but I usually work a 44 hr week and take home $1140.
    What that works out to when comparing currencies is relative. Here in australia rent/mortgage carries straight over, ie convert the pounds you are paying to au$ at .40 pounds to the dollar and that's what you'll be paying here.
    But some things are the same or cheaper after conversion unless your want european imports of course.
    Last edited by paul_h; 13-01-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Smile Re: moving to Aus

Hi,

You will need to complete the TRA to work on the tools in Australia.
    Stage 1 TRA is for migration purposes, stage 2 is for the ARTIC certificate, you have to do stage 1 to get stage 2.

Without the ARTIC you will not be able to gain employment as a engineer - been there and tryed that!!!!

I had lots of interviews and loads of offers subject to me obtaining the licences. I was in Australia on a 136 skilled mechanical engineer visa (previous trade), this was because i never had the 7 yr's in refrigeration experiance that the TRA wanted (just the 6). I thought once in the country legally i could work my way in to the trade.
    I did get a job as a mate but the pay was so poor and they just had me installing and brazing copper pipe because with out the licences i could'nt even use a multimeter!

I had a bad day at work and then a offer of employment with TRANE UK came through on the night so i did'nt have to think twice, booked my flight home and now i'm back.

i will go again one day but i am in no rush, enjoying proper work at the moment where i can repair myself and not be someones B**ch!

pay is low i've heard
    Last edited by get the gauges; 14-01-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZ View Post
    Hi j.j.

Only problem is a lot of companies don't bother advertising as there is such a shortage of mechanics in Aust. Google Supermarket Refrigeration Installation in Australia only and I reckon you will get the lot. They will all have email addresses I reckon.
    You can also try some of the employment agencies like Hays or Conquest Personnel.
    There are a few companies who do supermarket service, in Adelaide there is Simms and Altech.
    Hope this helps.
    Paul

Hi paul,

Googled supermarket frigeration and e-mail most of them, wasn't expecting many replies, most asked for my c.v., one company has asked for c.v. and copies of certificates, couple of agencies are forwarding my details to companies, so all good stuff, we'll see what comes back.

see ya

j.j.

Heres an idea........

Maybe RE should create a Resume board for all techs and engineers to post in.

Upload your expierence and certificates and then everyonce in a while update it as you advance.

Then just sit back and let the companies come to you..

A-Z

Hi AZ
    That's a pretty good idea as long as the employers know about the site. I know there are a lot of engineers and managers who post on this forum and they could pass the leads onto the relevant people in the companies they work for.
    I found it by accident when I was looking for compressor information.
    jj
    Hope you have some success as I know there is a shortage of mechanics in all fields of refrigeration and in fact most trades in Aust.
    Paul

I am not sure how it would work, as I am finding many talented individuals here struggling with other countries standards and certifications.

I am from the US, and in the transport refrigeration field I am in, only requires a Section 608 type 2 refrigerant handling licence.

I have aquired all factory product line certifications, but they were only the OEM dealer sponsored programs, soon as you leave the company the certs go null in void non transferable.

I have said it before Certs dont make the tech/engineer. Its the indvidual themselves. But we need respectable and professinal standards or everyone will be out trying this and really screwing sh#t up.

Regards A-Z

Hi A-Z
    I agree that certificates don't mean the tech is good but these are required by the relevant government organisations.
    When we interview for mechanics we put more importance on their experience and where they have worked rather then what is written on paper.
    In Aust all refrigeration mechanics who work with CFC, HCFC, HFC and PFC refrigerants have to have an ARCTICK license to handle these refrigerants and electrical license to do electrical work.
    There are some who have these licenses and they wouldn't know s**t from clay.
    I know that getting trade recognition and a visa when you move to Aust is a drawn out process but we are dealing with gov departments and they don't do anything quickly.
    Maybe one day things will get easier for qualified people moving from one country to another.
    Paul

I know there is a shortage of mechanics in all fields of refrigeration and in fact most trades in Aust.
    Paul
    I guess we now know the reason for the shortage. If the governnment is slow on getting things done to get skilled tradesmen, or complictates it with certs. maybe its time for the tradesmen to move where the tradesmen are more easily excepted.

IF The last 5 tradesmen of aus abandon the island, you will see a note of whole other tune.

Me personally, I cant understand why the Gov would make it tough anyway, Im sure its not like peeeps are beating down the door of Aus island to come where all the deadliest creatures in the world live, and risk getting killed by the native wildlife.

I watch discovery channel and have seen documentation on most all the creatures and insects that live there and have great potentiol to kill you with one bite.

I take for granted that there is nothing deadly in my shoe or my clothes before I put them on everyday, here, and because of that, I would need to make a conciouse effort in not doing that over there.

I probably end up dead 5 minutes off the plane.

A-Z

hey look at me, I graduated to regular poster, and I am friend to RE.

Ranking is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by absolute-zero View Post
    I guess we now know the reason for the shortage. If the governnment is slow on getting things done to get skilled tradesmen, or complictates it with certs. maybe its time for the tradesmen to move where the tradesmen are more easily excepted.

"I watch discovery channel and have seen documentation on most all the creatures and insects that live there and have great potentiol to kill you with one bite.

I probably end up dead 5 minutes off the plane. "

A-Z
    Geeeeze a-z, ye' r right mate, some of those Sheilas ( women!) you meet around Bondi are deadly !!!!

And hey .... those kangaroos dont fight fair either when they box you ..... at first chance they kick you in the nuts !

Not alone wages and SuperAnnuation, we need danger money going down there . YUK YUK ... but seriously though, earnings aside,both Aussie and NZ are wonderful places if you get chance to reside there.

best regards
    T-P
    Remember what Augustus once said:
    "festina lente" - make haste, slowly!

Quote Originally Posted by thermo prince View Post
    And hey .... those kangaroos dont fight fair either when they box you ..... at first chance they kick you in the nuts !
    Geesh I wasnt worried about the sheilas bites, but holy ****, I never gave thought to the risk of getting kicked in the nuts by a mouse on steroids.

YUK YUK

Regards A-Z

Hey JJthefrij,
    I know of a couple of positions at a Refrigeration wholesaler in Sydney if you are interested??
    Not on the tool but still rewarding.
    Let us know if you are still interested???

Hi A Z
    Congrats on the new ranking.
    Don't beleive everything you see on TV.
    They make things seem worse then they really are.
    It is true there are a lot of deadly bitey things here but they generally live in the bush. There are lots of other things that can hurt you probably the same as in the US.
    It's only the bigger Roos (mice on steroids) that try to kick you in the nuts but thats only if you clip them with your bullbar or wing them with your rifle.
    You should be a bit worried about the sheila bites they can be very painful and expensive.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dsp View Post
    Hey JJthefrij,
    I know of a couple of positions at a Refrigeration wholesaler in Sydney if you are interested??
    Not on the tool but still rewarding.
    Let us know if you are still interested???
    Hi,
    I actually enjoy fixing things, crawking on top of cold rooms, sitting in the pouring rain changing a compressor anything really hands on, but if you've got some more information i'd still be interested to know whats involved.

j.j.

Hi,
    I actually enjoy fixing things, crawking on top of cold rooms, sitting in the pouring rain changing a compressor anything really hands on, but if you've got some more information i'd still be interested to know whats involved.

j.j.
    You can have my job then, I just handed in my notice
    What do I do? Heaps of residential splits and fridges, heaps of cafes and mcdonalds, the occasional proper restaurant and bar.
    A few cool rooms and freezers, and about 4 commercial aircon jobs for small local companies
    Plus support all the fridges and freezers inc. ultralows, at a wing of the main hospital.
    Also about 6 small aircraft for the local companies.
    I never do industrial or supermarket though.

edit: I stress the fact that 85% of my day is residential though, which is why I'm leaving. But then again you'll learn heaps doing that, so you'll be able to answer all the posts asking questions about residential splits and fridges here
    Last edited by paul_h; 19-01-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Paul H - best of luck if you do decide to go out on your own . No time like present.
    I'm sure you'll stay posting here to let us know some of your daily encounters.

regards
    T-P

Hi A Z
    Congrats on the new ranking.
    Don't beleive everything you see on TV.
    They make things seem worse then they really are.
    It is true there are a lot of deadly bitey things here but they generally live in the bush. There are lots of other things that can hurt you probably the same as in the US.
    It's only the bigger Roos (mice on steroids) that try to kick you in the nuts but thats only if you clip them with your bullbar or wing them with your rifle.
    You should be a bit worried about the sheila bites they can be very painful and expensive.
    Paul
    Do Sheila bites require painfull rabie shots?

Im sure Australia is very nice, I dont believe everything I see on TV, but croc hunter was one of my favorite shows. May Steve Irwin RIP.

I have actually always been quite fond of australis cultures and have alweays wanted to to go there to visit, of course i have been saying that for 10 years now and have not done it yet.

I would suppose someday when and if the opportunity arises for the occasion I certainlly would consider it.

Regards A-Z

sitting in the pouring rain changing a compressor anything really hands on,
    j.j.
    That has to be real good for the compressor and the remainder of the system. water moisture contamination. Can you build a tent of some sort? to keep water entering the system while servicing?

Rain doesnt bother me either but the refrigerant system does not share the same feelings or optimism.

I suppose with service practices like that, you can expect plenty of service work, continally going back to clean up the system and replace the compressors.

Regards A-Z

Quote Originally Posted by absolute-zero View Post
    That has to be real good for the compressor and the remainder of the system. water moisture contamination. Can you build a tent of some sort? to keep water entering the system while servicing?

Rain doesnt bother me either but the refrigerant system does not share the same feelings or optimism.

I suppose with service practices like that, you can expect plenty of service work, continally going back to clean up the system and replace the compressors.

Regards A-Z
    luckily the compressor was inside and i was in the rain, so nothing but me got wet.

luckily the compressor was inside and i was in the rain, so nothing but me got wet.

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has any of you considered upstaking and moving to NZ. No kangaroos that kick you in the n#ts, no snakes, the odd woman that bites you in the wallet, weathers temperate. Most employees get vans, mobile phones, subsidised medical, and subsidised retirement schemes, and we talk english with localised odd bits.
    Plus we are screeming out for half decent techo's. Money is good for local living costs, houses etc,,

magoo

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    has any of you considered upstaking and moving to NZ. No kangaroos that kick you in the n#ts, no snakes, the odd woman that bites you in the wallet, weathers temperate. Most employees get vans, mobile phones, subsidised medical, and subsidised retirement schemes, and we talk english with localised odd bits.
    Plus we are screeming out for half decent techo's. Money is good for local living costs, houses etc,,

magoo
    Hi Magoo,

Now you have my complete and undivided interest.

Regards A-Z

Hi A-Z
    if you are half interested, I can put you in touch with a Transport Refrig Co.
    On a cold day, temps are + 10 C ', on a hot day it could be + 27 and high humidity. Like break into a sweat combing your hair.
    Life is preety cool here, as one associate US guy said, NZ is the best kept secret. Don't tell everybody.
    Camping and beaches, BBQ's, and generaly having a blast in the norm.. See you down here soon.
    Upper New York State has to be nut freezingly cold on a bad day. Stay in bed stuff. Today, here now it is +27 'C and hot. Good BBQ weather and the A1GP races start in Taupo in 40 minutes so must go.

be in touch magoo

Hi A-Z
    if you are half interested, I can put you in touch with a Transport Refrig Co.
    On a cold day, temps are + 10 C ', on a hot day it could be + 27 and high humidity. Like break into a sweat combing your hair.
    Life is preety cool here, as one associate US guy said, NZ is the best kept secret. Don't tell everybody.
    Camping and beaches, BBQ's, and generaly having a blast in the norm.. See you down here soon.
    Upper New York State has to be nut freezingly cold on a bad day. Stay in bed stuff. Today, here now it is +27 'C and hot. Good BBQ weather and the A1GP races start in Taupo in 40 minutes so must go.

be in touch magoo
    Yes new york is cold this time of year and i also live on the great lakes, have alot of lake effect snow here. it would be nothing to have a couple foot of snow to fall in couple hours.

I do prefer the warm weather over the the cold weather.

I wouldnt mind examining the opportunity in regard to bringing my skills in Transport Climate control systems to NZ.

check out www.seek.co.nz at least this will give you an insight as to what is available. If that does not give details, talk back and I will get direct contact on your private connection through RE.
    I should start a job spotter thing, take care. You are in good company.
    magoo

Wink Re: moving to Aus

check out www.seek.co.nz at least this will give you an insight as to what is available. If that does not give details, talk back and I will get direct contact on your private connection through RE.
    I should start a job spotter thing, take care. You are in good company.
    magoo
    I checked out the link, it would seem that new zeland is short handed on diesel techs, my former skilled trade. I did not see any postings for transport refrigeration skilled help in sales or service. Maybe you new zealand and or australia are ok in that specific field of expertize.

Regards A-Z

Magoo
    If NZ is so good how come there are so many Kiwis in Aust, they reckon there are more in Sydney then in Auckland.
    AZ
    I think there is a shortage in all fields of refrigeration. A lot of companies don't bother advertising. Maybe others on this forum could give you more info on transport fridge.
    Paul

Magoo
    If NZ is so good how come there are so many Kiwis in Aust, they reckon there are more in Sydney then in Auckland.
    AZ
    I think there is a shortage in all fields of refrigeration. A lot of companies don't bother advertising. Maybe others on this forum could give you more info on transport fridge.
    Paul
    It looks like Thermo king owns a TK dealership in new zealand, and the other remainder group is (IRS).

A-Z

hi A-Z ,,, congrats on your 'promotion' to friend of RE - well deserved.
    Only prob is now I wonder .... what does that ,make the rest of us punters???? enemies or foes of RE ? YUK YUK YUK

FYI ---- TK business down NZ way is 2 privately held dealerships (independently owned companies, not by TK Corp) Willie Hart runs TKNZ in Auckland ( North Isl)
    while Mike HANNING owns TK SI NZ down Christchurch way - pretty place !

With a few exceptions globally, TK does not own dealerships directly, preferring instead to work through independent Sales&Service Dealers ( like auto industry to large degree).
    CTC tend to be factory direct.
    2 different strategies to market - I dont say one is necessarily better than other.

best regards
    T-P

Hi,

j.j.
    JJ,
    Its pretty much a sales/Technical role. A fair bit of HeatLoads and Qouting and a bit of Technical assistence. on the road

If your interested take a look at Seek.com.au

Job Reference: 11524021

dsp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast