markcubed Guest

A6 Fault Code Problem

Hi Guys,

I have a Daikin Air Conditioning system (FTX35J) that is giving me an A6 fault code. I am looking for some more information in trying to solve the problem.

The indoor unit seems turns on and does nothing for about 2-3 minutes before the main light starts flashing. The radiator feels cold to touch, but the fan fails to start.

Any tips? A user here, frank, linked to a PDF for troubleshooting A6 fault code, but the link contained a corrupted PDF.

Thanks!
    Mark

Re: A6 Fault Code Problem

Quote Originally Posted by markcubed View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a Daikin Air Conditioning system (FTX35J) that is giving me an A6 fault code. I am looking for some more information in trying to solve the problem.

The indoor unit seems turns on and does nothing for about 2-3 minutes before the main light starts flashing. The radiator feels cold to touch, but the fan fails to start.

Any tips? A user here, frank, linked to a PDF for troubleshooting A6 fault code, but the link contained a corrupted PDF.

Thanks!
    Mark
    Mark
    A6 is indoor fan motor OC/OL Abnormal. I have a copy of the fault matrix pdf.
    So wait a while to see if any of the other Guys have a link to it.
    But if you have no joy then if you PM Me I will email it to you cheers grizzly.
    Just thought have a look at Vikings web site it may well be on there. Just click one of his posts and the address is at the bottom,
    Cheers Grizzly,

markcubed Guest

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to get my hands on the fault matrix shortly after posting.

A6 (Fan Motor OC/OL Abnormal) matches what seems to happen during operation. What would be the best way to investigate this issue? Does the motor need to be replaced? Is the cost of replacing the fan cost effective? I had a look before, and the fan seems easily replacable.

Does the fan have a seperate fuse that may have blew?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

To test the fan, put the indoor unit / controller in "fan only" mode, then try the fan in all possible fan speeds.

If it doesn't start, call a professional.

If you decide not to follow my advice above....

Disconnect the fan lead from the PCB and check that you get the correct voltage from the board.
    If the PCB supplies the power OK, then replace the motor.
    If the PCB doesn't supply power then replace the PCB (after you checked the fuses on it) BUT before you fit the new one CHECK THE FAN MOTOR, you don't want to blow the new board as well.

(And YES, the bear is right. You will find the matrix as well as some useful manuals on my site)
    Last edited by The Viking; 29-12-2007 at 11:54 AM.