Thread: g'day

freigo Guest

g'day

hi, came across this site while doing a google search. What a fantastic site with so much info and resources.
    Just came off the tools and doing a desk job, which is estimating.Getting too old to be up on the roof and crawling in ceiling space

Cheers

Thumbs up Re: g'day

Greetings freigo.
    Unususal handle you have there any explaination?
    Also you wouldn't like take pity on us pom's. With a little sunshine would you?
    The brass monkeys are stating to get cold over here.
    Mind you some of our colleagues are getting it a little rough in the Noth America's.
    Given the huge distances you guys (Australian Engineers) cover. Whats the favored mode of transport?
    Cheers Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 18-12-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Dyslexic Keyboard again.

Re: g'day

Welcome to RE freigo, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.

Some times many for many stupid thing you have to pay ! And you also spend hour to find something in search engines and pay a lot for a small stupid article.

Here in RE You can find anything FREE , make good friends and find solutions for many years problems.

THANK YOU RE

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Welcome Freigo, sit back, enjoy but don't nod off.

Jeeez at 45 he thinks that he's too old; no you're never too old to get grief in this trade.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi freigo I did the same thing about 12 years ago but still get to go on roofs and crawl over plants and love it. Some people say the only time I get my hands dirty is when I fall over. [you're never too old to get grief in this trade.] Never a truer word spoken Brian Paul

G'day.
    Just left the tools for a desk job hey?
    I'm not far from doing that. I'm ageing prematurely do to the stuff I have to do I think.

Today was spent unblocking drains, talking up **** to people unhappy with their broken a/c (nothing to do with me, we didn't build it, sell it or install it, I just have to put up with them).

That and following the apprentice who has his own van, he thinks every fridge breakdown is a faulty heater. Even though the heater works and is not shorted/open circuit.
    Might have to buy him a new multimeter for christmas.

edit: I'm going to make him a diagnostic tool as well.
    It will have a dial you spin and it will randomly select "indoor PCB", "Outdoor PCB", "thermistors", "fan motors", "compressor". There may be a better strike rate on getting things right with a wheel to spin, and "heaters" won't be an option either.

I'm getting too old for this domestic/commercial stuff, I need to find a good plantroom or office to retire in
    Last edited by paul_h; 19-12-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Hi paul h
    When yo make that diagnostic tool can you send me one.
    You are probably right about fridiges ageing prematurely. I must admit once I stopped doing domestic / light commercial and got into industrial / large commercial I wouldn't swap it for quids.
    Paul

freigo Guest

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I hear you Paul_h and that was part of my decision to get off the tools. Found out, having a desk job is something to get used to...ie, talking to irate customers on the phone and being in an office for hours. Really miss being out there...if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I also forgot to mention I did some time as an electrical draftsman and that is what I really like doing.

Grizzly: my handle is just a nick my bro gave me when I was a kid...not sure what it meant but it stuck.

Cheers