Question Daikin VRVIII Install - Sub Contract

Hi Chaps
    I wonder if anyone could help. I have quoted for an install to a local M & E company to install a Daikin VRV III system consisting of 2 x outdoor 12hp condensors and 8 indoor ducted system along with 4 Vam heat recovery systems all linked to a Daikin intelligent touch controller.
    To be honest this is a little beyond my normal installs which is primarily splits. I am therefore looking for an engineer who would be willing to sub contract for approx 10 days to help myself and our team install this system. We are a small company of just 2 partners and 2 apprentices looking to start installing bigger projects such as this one. However i do appreciate my limits both technically and experience wise and given the value of equipment and the M & E company this is for i am not prepared to mess the job up!
    At this stage i am still awaiting a purchase order so not guaranteed but i am led to believe i have got this job.
    Obviously we would need to discuss a daily rate. The job is in somerset, the south west.
    Anybody who may be interested in the new year under taking such a role and to be honest more or less running the job please dont hesitate to get in contact via this thread or PM.
    I would prefer someone who has experience of Daikin VRVIII heat recovery systems and needless to say also insists on a high standard of installations i.e pipe work.

Many thanks
    Gareth

Re: Daikin VRVIII Install - Sub Contract

Hi
    The install is in Somerset, the south west.

Kind regards
    Gareth

Hi Gwilliamson,

If you can install Split systems, then with some training you can also install VRV. I would recommend that you contact the supplier of the kit and ask them if they can provide some VRV installation training. If you are looking to move in to larger projects, you will need to know how to install the VRV systems, even if you sub it out, you still need to know how VRV system should be installed, if its only to keep you sub contractors in check.

Regards

Obi Wan

Many thanks chaps for all your help both publically and PM's. Obviously i am still awaiting a purchase order so cannot go ahead yet. However it is reasurring to know that their is help available from other engineers and will be following this up soon, hopefully early Jan 08.

I will too be under taking some VRV/VRF training with Daikin & Mitsi soon as this is an area i would like to do more on. I do not really want to sub out the whole job to another firm as this is never going to improve my own skills hence why i am looking for an individual or pair willing to work with us.

Many thanks, be in touch soon.

Kind regards

Gareth

Barry wallace Guest

Hi, If you are still looking for help with install I would be happy to speak to you about it.
    I have installed many VRFIII from 20 upto 240 units and am conversant with linking in VAM units and I touch control.
    Regards
    barry Wallace

Many thanks Barry but i managed to find someone who can help. We are currently half way through this install and is going very well.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Gareth, shall I close this thread to prevent further offers of help ?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Yes Please Brian.
    Many thanks to all the offers of help, its nice to know that help is available if needed.
    Gareth