York Chiller help required

Any One Can Can Help Me York Chiller Model Yk N4n4k25dbg With Vgd Control,why The Refrigerent Level Sensor Is Hunting The Level Of The Liquid This Level Control Is Working Zone1 And Zone 2 Even Change The New Level Sensor Also And Also Please Any Body Explian What Is The Causes Of Chiller Surging

Re: York Chiller help required

l'm not really sure on your first problems but surgeing can be caused by air in the chiller if it's a low presure centrif and or high discharge presure, this could be linked to your hunting problems as well.
    hope this is of some help.

ravisekar, i am not sure of that model number . it is usually YK ( 2 letters for evap code) (2 letters for cond code) and a letter and number for comp code. ie YK HC GB H7. If your refer level is rising and it is surging you have some sort of restriction. make sure the refer level actuator is mounted tight on the shaft of the butterfly valve. How old is this, what refer, when was last major service???

hi,
    im new to the forum and this has probably been said before but, you really need to post more than just the machine model number post the machine "log" if there is a runing problem with the machine how can anyone help if you dont give any information on the operating conditions......we really need refrigerant pressures/temperatures in and out water temperatures both chilled and condenser position of loading,how many amps is machine drawing etc.

If i can add to the good ideas of the other posters if i went to a job and the machine was hunting and surging (without knowing pressures or temps superheats approach subcooling water temps etc) i curtainly would nt rule out water flow problems ,check pressure drops as well as the other things.
    Last edited by jason09; 16-02-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: left out a word "etc"

chris b. Guest

I need help with my york chillers. They surge because of either not enough water or high water temp.. My question is - how and what kind of damage is this doing to the chillers? What can I do to prevent my chillers from surging?

If you need to ask you shouldn´t be working on these units.

consolidmech Guest

York YK series is 134a Cent . chiller. with an optiview panel and also you might be referring to a unit mounted variable speed drive. (1) Post a correct model & serial #. (2) from home screen go to system , evaporator ,condenser, compressor screens and post all the operating conditions. Optiview panel also has a surge protection screen but only a qualifed service tech should get into service screens. If you are not familiar with the centrifugals my advice for you is to call your local York service dept.

I need help with my york chillers. They surge because of either not enough water or high water temp.. My question is - how and what kind of damage is this doing to the chillers? What can I do to prevent my chillers from surging?
    To prevent it from surging, how about correcting the water flow and/or temperature!

Don't mess about, Call an engineer who knows what he or she is doing and have them service the machine before you damage it and make tens of thousands of dollars/pounds/euro's of damage for your boss or the company!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris b. View Post
    There should not be damage, if all safety devices and controller operates flawlessly. However, you need to resolve that water problem to allow normal work of chiller.

hey chris,
    let me start by saying the reasons you gave are not the only conditions under which a centrifugal chiller will surge. like i said previously ... you need to post the systems operating conditions... all of them.
    they may also surge under low load conditions for example if the return chilled water temp is low and condenser water temps are low, but its hard to tell when no information is given,and these problems can all be resolved sometimes easily with little expense.