Daikin 7kW Cassette +supply duct to small office

1) Regarding the 7kW Daikin roundflow cassette, does it have a duct outlet option, so one can feed a supply from cassette to a small adjacent (internal) office, via a duct and grille? I expect it does but too late to phone Daikin.

2) If so, how would one best serve the small office (1kW load), which would be getting whatever the cassette is providing for the main area?
    a) Simple plan: just run the duct and supply grille, and it gets what it gets.
    b) Better plan: One could also have a duct-damper linked to a room thermostat, arranged to shut off the damper; if the small room was dropping below room temp the damper closes. It being a heat pump would need similar arrangement for winter, I guess – any sensible ideas on how best to deal with this? (damper, fan, stat, choice? Etc)

joerg Guest

Re: Daikin 7kW Cassette +supply duct to small office

a duct with a inline duct fan with a return in the room with the cassette and a supply in the office. a fan speed control would be all you need the main temp control will then maintain the temp of the two room. But Note this would add that 1kW of heatload onto the heatload the system already has.... so what is the heatload on the cassette already?
    and a RAC split wall mount in Oz would cost from less then 1200 AUD this would give you better control and would not add the to the heatload already handle by the cassette.

Run a duct off it and supply grille plus fit an air transfer grille in the office door or wall.
    Where you have knocked out the cassette i presume you have to block one of the 4 main outlets for it to work properly. (roundflow still has 4 main outlets plus 3 smaller outlets inbetween these)

Makeitgoright

The installation of a small conditioned supply air duct is a good idea but it all depends on how long the duct is blah blah. We have carried this task out few times without very good results and yes you maybe able to fit inline fans,thermostats,vcd(dampers)etc but after all this time,money spent he might as well bought a Daikin wall mount.

Coolkids

Dont't forget to insulate your ducting

Quote Originally Posted by Slim R410a View Post
    Run a duct off it and supply grille plus fit an air transfer grille in the office door or wall.
    Where you have knocked out the cassette i presume you have to block one of the 4 main outlets for it to work properly. (roundflow still has 4 main outlets plus 3 smaller outlets inbetween these)
    I follow this poster
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Thanks for the ideas and tips.

Yes, I would like to put a small inverter in the room, too, but this extra system adds up to more than his current budget. So this could be a compromise solution that he's happy with.

I want to give him this potential solution, which may be adequate for the time being. It brings down the overall cost of air-con to 6 rooms, within his budget for this year/now. Next year, we can fit the aircon unit for that small office if needed.

I'll give him the option (plus info), and he can takes his choice.

Thanks again.