Thread: Hello

Thumbs up Hello

I am just looking around. Seems to be an interesting place to be. I live in Essex, u.k. I have just finished my level 3 and still don't know everything, so would love to gain more experience from the people here.

I have just come out of commercial refrigeration and moved into air conditioning, don't know if that was a mistake yet, time will tell... Wish me luck

Many thanks

Matt

Re: Hello

Hello Mat from another Essex boy,

A/C is a strange beast (Sorry Frank), Mostly working office hours, not to much overtime unless you get involved with the install side. The only callouts you get are normally for comms rooms. A/C tends to chenge more often than commercial refrigeration, by that i mean the set up on commercial units are all fairly similar, just the controls differ whatever make it is. With a/c its all done differently depending on make and so many different types, standard splits, inverters, VRV/VRF's and all work differently depending on make. For example some a/c's go to heat with the 4 way valve coil engaged, some go to cool.

As I always tell people, Its another string to youre bow, more experience and it's something else to put on a CV

Hope it goes OK

Regards

Raymond

Re: Hello

Hello Matt,

Welcome to this forum. I worked with air conditioning and moved to commercial refrigeration, and like Raymond says lots of overtime but as long as it's fun I don't mind.
    Good luck anyway!

Eric.