Exclamation Thermo King Refrigerant Help!

Hi Guys,

A few weeks earlier, one of my Thermo King reefer units stopped working because its engine overheated. The engine was overhauled afterwards. Here is my problem. My Thermo King X426 compressor uses the R403b refrigerant. The R403b refrigerant, unfortunately, is not available here in our place. I checked some info on the internet and I found out that it is possible to use R12 or R502. Is it ok to use these two refrigerants instead of R403b?

What do you guys think? Thanks!

REEFER-TEK Guest

Re: Thermo King Refrigerant Help!

Do not use r-12!!! R-403b is a replacement for R-502.

Do you have R-402a or can you get it? If so this is the recommended refrigerant by TK.

You will have to change the compressor oil with TK part number 67-404, you will also need to change the compressor oil filter if equiped along with liquid line fiilter drier.

Evacuate the unit to 500 microns and charge to 90% of recomended weigth on the unit id tag.

You can use R-404a to as long as you change the oil to a POE tk part number 203-513 at 4 qts. you will also service comp oil filter and drier as well. run unit overnite to collect and migrate oil back to compressor sump and for safe system measures replace the oil and filters one more time to assure you have no mixed oil in the sytem.

I hope this was of help.

What about R502?

Reefer Tek covered it well.

What model, how old is the unit ? I suspect it is an import from USA or Europe. It was not sold from new in Asia Pacific with alternate refrigerants , I am pretty sure.

The traditional truck and trailer refrigerants on TK, pre HFC days were R12 ( good for chill to -18C ) and R502 ( for deep frozen to -29C box). Used with Alkyl Benzene oil p/n 67-0404.
    Post HFC laws, 134a replaced R12 and 404a replaced R502. HFC's need P.O.E ( poly ol ester oil) p/n 203 513 as R-T said.

Pay attention to tx valves, HPCO, LPCO switches if you intend to cross-over from chill to frozen refrigerants or conversely.

Whatever you decide, do NOT put R22 in there. Never approved for TK truck systems; was used on older BUS Air-con units but they had technical changes over truck and application is quite different.

If you need professional assistance, contact Filipinas TK in Quezon City, Metro Manila. (Mr Jerry Tugade).

hope you work it out.
    Remember what Augustus once said:
    "festina lente" - make haste, slowly!

The unit is a used TK URD III MAX from Japan. The unit is more than a decade old, I think.

Hi Jingua, using 404a v 502 is an assessment you need to make based on several factors, incl present condition of unit ; the type hoses, gaskets & seals it is built with & cost/kg of both refrigerant types + their respective oils / litre in your country.

Looking through your previous posts, I can see you have asked similar questions since Jan and again April 2006.

Is this the same unit having repeat issues? it's your father's ; it's your friend's.
    Are you really a student or running a transport / service business?
    Best if you just be direct with the forum ..... then we know better how to advise you.
    If you don't really know what you are doing, my advice is pls consult some qualified HVACR workshop to overhaul it. Cheaper in long run than repeated " home improvement" attempts at it!
    regards

regards

The unit has no problems at all since we bought it. We had to overhaul the engine because of an overheating problem. The compressor is ok and doesn't need an overhaul. The hoses and the other components are still in good condition.

By the way, we have a technician which services our Thermo King and Mitsubishi reefer units. I'm posting this inquiry so we can have a second opinion. The parts and services here are quite expensive and sometimes unavailable. That is why we are trying to obtain and use whatever resource we can find so we can continue this business.
    Last edited by jingua_ph; 02-12-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling

REEFER-TEK Guest

URD III max indicates it was an old CFC 502 system, This unit is equipped with thermax system for improved heating, you will need to perform 3 point evacuation or keep the thermax valve energized at acuumulater tank while evaccuating.

REEFER-TEK Guest

URD III MAX, i have not service one of those in about 3 years , undermount unit with X426 compressor, MAX indicates that it is old CFC R-502 system, R-403b is not the recomened replacement due to its high level of R-22, R-22 is not compatiable with alot of the materials in the TK sytem mainly gaskets vibrasorbers and opendrive compressor shaft seal.

This unit is also equiped with Thermax valve sytem for improved heating, you will need to hook up three points and or keep the thermax energized during evacuation.

As T-Prince said If you are not familiar with in how to do this or your technician that is doing the service work, You should take to qualified service center that can correct evrything initially.

REEFER-TEK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jingua_ph View Post
    What about R502?
    I dont reccomend R-502 because its a phased out CFC, yes you can use but the still applys to changing compressor oil and filters, because the system did have R-403b in it.

The cost on CFC 502 is expensive to. if you should devolp anothe refrigerant leak in the future you will have to incur the expensive recharge,

You will better off to convert to R-402a. this is my advise for your wallet and phase out laws.

regards R-T

a urd iii max of 1998 may already be on r404 or as america-europe say hp62

REEFER-TEK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clivemtk View Post
    a urd iii max of 1998 may already be on r404 or as america-europe say hp62
    its possible but not likely if a person converted it to hcfc R403b. if it is a 1998 it should be R404a, TK started the transition of 502 to 404a in 1996,

It wouldnt make sense to go back wards in phase out laws. and the additional service that would need to be done to unit to convert from an HFC to an HCFC.

I suppose its possible I have seen stranger things than that. with some owner operators that try to be weekend DIY.

and its only maybe the last 3-4 years they took the r-22 sytems in the transit bus and changed to R-407c.

Regards R-T

Quote Originally Posted by REEFER-TEK View Post
    URD III MAX, i have not service one of those in about 3 years , undermount unit with X426 compressor, MAX indicates that it is old CFC R-502 system, R-403b is not the recomened replacement due to its high level of R-22, R-22 is not compatiable with alot of the materials in the TK sytem mainly gaskets vibrasorbers and opendrive compressor shaft seal.
    Yes, the old URD III uses R-502 and the recent one uses R-404a. However, The Japanese URD III models made between 1991 and 1995 uses R403b.

Here are some pics I took earlier on a similar unit of mine (69L=R-403b).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jingua_ph; 03-12-2007 at 04:16 AM.

Here is another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

REEFER-TEK Guest

[quote=jingua_ph;85132]Yes, the old URD III uses R-502 and the recent one uses R-404a. However, The Japanese URD III models made between 1991 and 1995 uses R403b.

Oh yes i remember R403b the 69L. Tk expeirmented with that, it was not a sucsees due to its flamabilty. that was not a japanese thing. They tried that in several trailer units as well, we converted them all to R-402a (HP80). 69L That is a difficult refrigerant to find and purchase.

My advise remains the same, You should convert that sytem to R-402a.

Regards Reefer-Tek
    Last edited by REEFER-TEK; 03-12-2007 at 06:30 AM.

Hi all,
    69L was an " interim refrigerant " or bridge mostly used in European markets during the mid 1990's as a drop in replacement for CFC R 502 ( while final step 404a was awaited) with little or no modification required to the existing units of that time. Its a terniary blend containing 56% R22.

A unit with 69L would have used the same AB alkyl benzene oil for CFC, and if x426/x430's built in mid to late 1990's had the newer style pistons, seal while undermount condenser UMD/URD type split units types should have stainless steel hoses ( vibrasorbers) anyhow so you dont have an issue with rubber based hoses breaking down.

That being the case, and assuming R502 is still being LEGALLY sold in Philippines, then staying with 502 may be wise and easiest.

xxx.hvacmechanic.com/refrigerants/refrigerants.htm

If R502, 69L ( HCFC r403b) 'drop in' or HP80 ( HCFC r402a) 'drop in ' are not available in Manila, then you need to look at going to HFC 404a with the oil changes to POE ( requires repeated flushes to get the final POE: AB residual ratio up to 97%:3% or better). Time consuming and costly.

Pay close attention to other points as per Reefer Tek's advice on evacc and charging too.

regards

REEFER-TEK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thermo prince View Post
    Hi all,
    69L was an " interim refrigerant " or bridge mostly used in European markets during the mid 1990's as a drop in replacement for CFC R 502 ( while final step 404a was awaited) with little or no modification required to the existing units of that time. Its a terniary blend containing 56% R22.

A unit with 69L would have used the same AB alkyl benzene oil for CFC, and if x426/x430's built in mid to late 1990's had the newer style pistons, seal while undermount condenser UMD/URD type split units types should have stainless steel hoses ( vibrasorbers) anyhow so you dont have an issue with rubber based hoses breaking down.

That being the case, and assuming R502 is still being LEGALLY sold in Philippines, then staying with 502 may be wise and easiest.

xxx.hvacmechanic.com/refrigerants/refrigerants.htm

If R502, 69L ( HCFC r403b) 'drop in' or HP80 ( HCFC r402a) 'drop in ' are not available in Manila, then you need to look at going to HFC 404a with the oil changes to POE ( requires repeated flushes to get the final POE: AB residual ratio up to 97%:3% or better). Time consuming and costly.

Pay close attention to other points as per Reefer Tek's advice on evacc and charging too.

regards
    T-Prince, how much are you paying forCFC r-12 and CFC R-502, where your at?

We are paying over $56.00 us dollars a pound for thoses cfc's and around $12.00 a pound for the HCHC ternary refrigerants, the cfc 502 and R-12 we get now is recycled stuff, and when that supply is depleted there is no more.

I think i agree that the easiest thing to do is drop in R-502, but concidering what that stuff costs, a blote could spend less than that converting to the R-402a.

URD is a great unit but lets face it, they tend to develop leaks more considering there down by the road picking up debris and stones and whateverelse.

So if he devolps a leak once a year and has to repair and then recharge the system, that will cost a person alot of money over life the whole life of ownership.

any way that,s the way we weight it out here in the states. We go by the saying "pay me now or pay me later"

I think i remain more curious of how you guys do it over where your at.

regards R-T

I agree with your line of reasoning entirely R-T but would suspect that Jinghua may not be able to find HP80 or 69L down Manila way.
    Aside from quite advanced markets like Japan, A-NZ, perhaps Singapore & Hk to small degree, those interim blends never did take off at all in SE Asia.
    Back then , the big chemical boys like duPont,Allied Signal, ICI, Atochem, Rhone Phoulenc were not to excited about these markets &supplies were not imported. I know story well because I was active rying to source supplies at the time.
    Today is different era - whole world is talking about China and India markets in particular.

While you are on subject and open this question to our other esteemed USA & Canada colleagues.
    In this USA fortnightly AC&R gazette 'The News' I subscribe to, I see adv for "One Shot" from company called ICOR.
    Says it's a drop in for 502, 402a/b and 408a.
    What's the word on that ???

REEFER-TEK Guest

I agree with your line of reasoning entirely R-T but would suspect that Jinghua may not be able to find HP80 or 69L down Manila way.
    Aside from quite advanced markets like Japan, A-NZ, perhaps Singapore & Hk to small degree, those interim blends never did take off at all in SE Asia.
    Back then , the big chemical boys like duPont,Allied Signal, ICI, Atochem, Rhone Phoulenc were not to excited about these markets &supplies were not imported. I know story well because I was active rying to source supplies at the time.
    Today is different era - whole world is talking about China and India markets in particular.

While you are on subject and open this question to our other esteemed USA & Canada colleagues.
    In this USA fortnightly AC&R gazette 'The News' I subscribe to, I see adv for "One Shot" from company called ICOR.
    Says it's a drop in for 502, 402a/b and 408a.
    What's the word on that ???
    Use link to access the refrigerant info for one shot and testimonials

http://www.icorinternational.com/ind...&products_id=7

I have never used the stuff so imay not provide a story or testimonial;

Back to the other subject, I was under the impression after the montreal protocol in 1987 30 some nation signe a treaty to phase out and put a stop to CFCs, I wonder if somone for got to mention these folks in the these third world countries that ODP is a world wide global problem. Or maybe they didnt have enough captial to buy a seat in that meating. HMMMMMMMMMMM interesting.

It always amazes me what you can learn on a day to day basis

Regards R-T
    Last edited by REEFER-TEK; 04-12-2007 at 12:07 AM.

I agree with your line of reasoning entirely R-T but would suspect that J_ingua may not be able to find HP80 or 69L down Manila way.
    I think I might agree with Thermo Prince because most of the replacement refrigerants for CFCs are unavailable here in the Philippines. Even though our government has taken some steps to curb the use of CFCs here, as far as Car A/C is concerned, CFCs are still used in some industrial, commercial and transport applications because of the lack of replacement for those CFCs.

So far, these are the refrigerants that are used by us:

R-12
    R-22
    R-502 - sometimes used
    R-134a
    R-404a - sometimes used
    R-507 - sometimes used

With regards to R-402a, My supplier told me that they are not sure if it is available but they will contact me if they find one.
    Last edited by jingua_ph; 04-12-2007 at 02:58 AM.

Hi R-T , some developing countries incl China and India got a moratorium on CFC phaseout as I recall.
    HFC 134a especially is becoming more prevalent in auto a/c, R22 is still popular in window/split aircons. 404a is on the cold stores and trailer units.

Its kinda hard to tell a nation that's going from NO house fridge to their first fridge ever , what kind of cooling medium is inside it. Does some family who have subsistence living til now really care? That 's the sad reality of it.
    Western world spend the past 100 yrs of Industrial Revolution pumping smoke into the sky, chopping trees, consuming resources, polluting rivers and seas and now we want to tell these emerging countries who are coming from dark ages what they can and cannot do.
    It would be nice though if they listened and learned from our mistakes since mr Henry Ford, Rudy Diesel, Emerson & Westinghouse kicked off the great progress we have all benefited from.
    That's my little spiel for today.

And dont forget, my friend, the the good ole' US of A has not yet signed the Kyoto Treaty that recognizes and places steps to slow Global Warming - it is now the only DEVELOPED nation that remains a non-signatory. Austrlaia signed up the other day after change of Govt to Rudd.

thanks for the post on ICOR 1 Shot b.t.w.
    I will check on r 12, 22,502 prices for you also - we dont have in HK so I will ask neighbouring countries.

regards

REEFER-TEK Guest

Hi R-T , some developing countries incl China and India got a moratorium on CFC phaseout as I recall.
    HFC 134a especially is becoming more prevalent in auto a/c, R22 is still popular in window/split aircons. 404a is on the cold stores and trailer units.

Its kinda hard to tell a nation that's going from NO house fridge to their first fridge ever , what kind of cooling medium is inside it. Does some family who have subsistence living til now really care? That 's the sad reality of it.
    Western world spend the past 100 yrs of Industrial Revolution pumping smoke into the sky, chopping trees, consuming resources, polluting rivers and seas and now we want to tell these emerging countries who are coming from dark ages what they can and cannot do.
    It would be nice though if they listened and learned from our mistakes since mr Henry Ford, Rudy Diesel, Emerson & Westinghouse kicked off the great progress we have all benefited from.
    That's my little spiel for today.

And dont forget, my friend, the the good ole' US of A has not yet signed the Kyoto Treaty that recognizes and places steps to slow Global Warming - it is now the only DEVELOPED nation that remains a non-signatory. Austrlaia signed up the other day after change of Govt to Rudd.

thanks for the post on ICOR 1 Shot b.t.w.
    I will check on r 12, 22,502 prices for you also - we dont have in HK so I will ask neighbouring countries.

regards
    T-prince we probably have signed the treaty yet because maybe a white house office official hasnt taken the time to read the once upon story treaty to Our president Busch yet.

If it was Al Gore that would have been differnt story, he is all about enviro conservation and global warming.

I think it sucks that the rest of the world doesnt help these countries achieve the same goals on a world wide level. This is our planet, that my kids and there kids, and further generations have to live in.

I think the richer countries should front the greenback and help these poorer countries do the right thing in the essential steps in conserving the world wheather it ODP, Global Warming, land air water conservation.

Regards R-T
    Last edited by REEFER-TEK; 04-12-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Yes Reefer Tek, you make good points
    Al Gore has the courage of his convictions to speak out (now) and be counted on environmental issues.
    But look at the flak he is taking from certain quarters.

Hindsight is 20: 20 they say but you have to wonder if Al and Clinton had taken the cause more seriously when they were in power, we would be further down the environment protection road today.

Who wants to take on Amercian Industry though - " the big blues" - the Detroits, Wall Street, the home of the Cadillac and the guzzling V8's. Political suicide...

Now Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are beginning to do some good things for health, education, poverty in 3rd World with their $$$ billions that would last several lifetimes.
    Good start.

Have recently beeen watching a Nat Geo series called "Planet Earth" by (Sir) David Attenborough - now he is one real gentleman - in his 70's now, he has spent his whole life documenting the " flora and fauna" of this earth. You can sense the sadness and sense of urgency when he talks of ice caps melting, soil erosion, certain species becoming extinct, pollution etc.

Do you have any buddys down Wall Street way, my friend? .....
    regards
    T-P

Hi jingua,
    You can retrofit all your equipment to new refrigerant once you have a problem, all spare parts & materials are available here in the Philippines.
    Contact Delsa chemicals they have everything, exp.valve,oil,refrigerant,line components.
    Send me PM if you have question.

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by guapo View Post
    Hi jingua,
    You can retrofit all your equipment to new refrigerant once you have a problem, all spare parts & materials are available here in the Philippines.
    Contact Delsa chemicals they have everything, exp.valve,oil,refrigerant,line components.
    I know Delsa Chemicals. My local supplier is still checking if Delsa and other distributors have the refrigerant I need.

REEFER-TEK Guest

Yes Reefer Tek, you make good points
    Al Gore has the courage of his convictions to speak out (now) and be counted on environmental issues.
    But look at the flak he is taking from certain quarters.

Hindsight is 20: 20 they say but you have to wonder if Al and Clinton had taken the cause more seriously when they were in power, we would be further down the environment protection road today.

Who wants to take on Amercian Industry though - " the big blues" - the Detroits, Wall Street, the home of the Cadillac and the guzzling V8's. Political suicide...

Now Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are beginning to do some good things for health, education, poverty in 3rd World with their $$$ billions that would last several lifetimes.
    Good start.

Have recently beeen watching a Nat Geo series called "Planet Earth" by (Sir) David Attenborough - now he is one real gentleman - in his 70's now, he has spent his whole life documenting the " flora and fauna" of this earth. You can sense the sadness and sense of urgency when he talks of ice caps melting, soil erosion, certain species becoming extinct, pollution etc.

Do you have any buddys down Wall Street way, my friend? .....
    regards
    T-P
    Yes I try to catch that show Planet Eart, blue planet as well. those shows can be depressing.

It is good that the people with all the capital are making a stand and donating towards a good cause, im no millionare, but is till contribute what i can, with a little money here and there, and through education. but there are more of them then there are of us. it is sad to what is happening to the planet.

I used to have a buddy in wall street, he however got busted for some laundering, or embezeling possiblly, I cant remember the specifics, but he made a mess of his life and career with some serious illegal wrong doings.

I see guapo will help Jin, get the correct refrigerant retro stuff, very cool, I am very happy to hear somone is able to help the bloke in his country.

Regards R-T

Getting back to you on refrigerant prices, Reefer -Tek.

On 'black market' , r12 can be bought in HK city for approx USD5/kg whereas r502 avail here for around USD20/kg. Coming in from mainland and former USSR 'rebottling' plants apparently.

PS ! are you still in 'exile' or RE Purgatory? when do u get out ?
    Liked A-Z's multi temp thread b.t.w.

regards
    T-P

I am not sure, but i think another week R-T may be allowed to come back.

Just need to learn who is who and bribe the the right people ha ha ha.

Getting back to you on refrigerant prices, Reefer -Tek.

On 'black market' , r12 can be bought in HK city for approx USD5/kg whereas r502 avail here for around USD20/kg. Coming in from mainland and former USSR 'rebottling' plants apparently.

PS ! are you still in 'exile' or RE Purgatory? when do u get out ?

Liked A-Z's multi temp thread b.t.w.

regards
    T-P
    It always amazes what goes on,,, on the side of the globe. Even if i could buy it for that, i still wouldnt use it, considerin the improved capacity and compressor life with the newer replacement blends.

yes R-T is still walking the greeen mile.

Yeah that was a cool thread, i will be making more like that, as a trainer I have learned creative ways in making programs and or utilizing resourceful S/W in efforts of instructing.

Regards A-Z

Good Evening Guys

We have an MD-11 SR Single compartment Unit here in Libya. We keep receiving the error code 63 (Engine Stopped - Reason Unknown). We are not sure if the Engine is at fault or the referigeration side. Today we replaced the Diesel Fuel pump, the unit ran for 3 hours and shutdown once again dispalying Error code 63?

ANy Help would be welcome,

Thanks in advance

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte2 View Post
    Good Evening Guys

We have an MD-11 SR Single compartment Unit here in Libya. We keep receiving the error code 63 (Engine Stopped - Reason Unknown). We are not sure if the Engine is at fault or the referigeration side. Today we replaced the Diesel Fuel pump, the unit ran for 3 hours and shutdown once again dispalying Error code 63?

ANy Help would be welcome,

Thanks in advance

Mike
    Hi Mike,

I have my educated guesses as to what is the matter with it.

Code 63 is engine shut down reason unknown.

It generates because the uPt recieved less than 800 rpms.

A-Z

Good evening Absolute.

Thanks for your prompt reply..The engine shuts down as the Microprocessor receives a signal from the Engine that is it running less than 800 RPM's. Am I lead to beleive the fault is with the Engine.. Can i over-ride this "Condition" ? I know the Refrigerate charge is OK, so there is no "loading" by the compressor. Unfortunately, I know very little about these Units.!!

Thanks again

Mike

I think A-Z will agree that it is a engine or electrical problem, not on the refrigeration side.

If you can witness the shutdown it would help a lot. If indeed the engine is struggling it is most likely a fuel issue, such as fuel filter, inlet fuel screen, or fuel tank vent stopped up.

If the engine is not struggling when it shuts down, then it's a electrical issue. Could be a bad RPM sensor or the wiring going to the sensor not giving the micro a correct RPM reading.

Dabutch, very good assist.

Code 63 has been an on going issue since day 1 of SR uPt truck units, it can be so many different things,

• Bad HPCO switch potting for wires.
    • Fuel pump with sticky reads
    • Fuel shutoff solenoids.
    • Damer door solenoid arc suppression diode not installed.
    • RPM sensor, but most of the time will accompany with the occassional code7.
    • Early revision PCB's
    • On/off rocker switch, but will or may occompany code 61 most of the time.
    I may suggest pay real close attention to the symtoms when it happens. As this will be the clues as to what caused the code 63.

You may also want to upgrade eprom to 1563 or higher as this will allow the unit to perform null restart code 84 for this shutdown condition code, there are many other feature to this revision as well.

Note the chip will not fix 63 but will allow the unit to self clear the code and restart if unattended.

My advise would be to set up a DAS datalogger in it, and hook up laptop to record everything at 1 second intervals, till the unit shuts down with code 63.

This is effective so you dont have to baby sit unit waiting for failure to occur.

A-Z

My experience with code 63 is faulty fuel shutoff solenoid in 98% of the cases if that is the only code you get. And if the motor is running evenly and the electric fuelpump is "ticcing" normaly. The fuel shutoffsolenoid has been of a lousy quality for some 10 years. Only the last couple years, the solenoid seems to be of a better quality.

Hey there Absolute-Zero, Dabutcher & SteinarN

Once again thanks all for you help. Much appreicated. What a Great site this is.

Regards to all.

Mike

What about R502?
    If you have R502, you can use it as a direct replacement with no modifications to the unit.

how many cases are handled now in this thread and what's current?

DuPont(TM) ISCEON(R) MO79

if you need more information call-me

Almeida

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade02 View Post
    how many cases are handled now in this thread and what's current?
    F-B, I am not sure what your question is. I think your asking what threads and posts are most current, and who handles them, is this correct?

If so these threads and post are as current as the date and time stamp on each. You will see threads or post from several years ago come back up from time to time, but pretty much all the threads are current, and relative.

Cases are handled volunteerly by all the active members of the RE forum, there is no one person appointed to handling these case, if you see a post with a qustion or a topic that you want to post on, you should share your thoughts, and or technical expeirence, as other members will try to do the same.

There are many members here with Expeirence in most all transport product lines, what one member here is not helpfull with another member may be. It all weights out to bringing good solid info and insight to the equipment and the unanswered issues.

This forum is moderated by Officers of RE forums. They pretty much make sure that there is no foul play slander, infringements, offensive, off the topic, spamming, unauthorized advertising or other violations that may cause other members to become offended.

I for one have learned a great deal of information and from this sight, just by reading through all of the posts and threads, I have found information here that other wise you would not see in a OEM manual. Real world technical expeirence is better than having it on pen and paper. You just have to program your brain to take in information and apply it to the field.

Regards A-Z

The value of sites such as this can't be measured!
    Thank you to those who provide it and those who use it to help others!

No Engineer knows it all but a lot think they do.
    This forum is a hive of good information from people all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by SKOOBY View Post
    No Engineer knows it all but a lot think they do.
    This forum is a hive of good information from people all over the world
    I have found most all of the members here in the transport thread dont claim to know everything, I actually find this forum transport thread very comfortable and easy to interact with everyone here on a global level. It is good that we all interact and share expeirences. This helps us educate ourselves and resolve feild service related issues. In the end we all want to be the best we can be even though we all dont know everything.

A-Z

Hi Guys,

A few weeks earlier, one of my Thermo King reefer units stopped working because its engine overheated. The engine was overhauled afterwards. Here is my problem. My Thermo King X426 compressor uses the R403b refrigerant. The R403b refrigerant, unfortunately, is not available here in our place. I checked some info on the internet and I found out that it is possible to use R12 or R502. Is it ok to use these two refrigerants instead of R403b?

What do you guys think? Thanks!
    hi

Use R-422A of DUPON Isoceon MO79, it's direc replacemen for r502. Don't need substituit oil.

Almeida