Respiratory Load

I need to know the respiratory load of dried raisins. Can some one provide the same.

With best wishes,

Re: Respiratory Load

Found this while searching for you,
    www.nh3gccc.com/prodcalc.xls
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

ASHRAE gives: conservation at 0 to 4°C at 50 -60% RH fo one year provided that the moisture content of the fruit is not unusually high. Raisins contains 15 to 18% moisture, for extremely long storage, the lowest possible moisture content should be maintained.

I think there's no heat of respiration any longer. If there should be any H. of R. left, then they could never sell this in the stores at normal room temperature and store if uncooled for longer times.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    I think there's no heat of respiration any longer. If there should be any H. of R. left, then they could never sell this in the stores at normal room temperature and store if uncooled for longer times.
    That was my thought aswell.
    But I held off saying somthing because when I started to type that dried raisens were dry it looked as if I was being derogatory so I held off sending the message.

Cheers taz.

derogatory... a new English word for me, needed my dictionary.

I think Samarjit was testing us to see if we're paying attention. According to wikipedia, it aint no raisin if it's still respiring - it's a grape.

Here's another teaser - how many legs does a Bombay Duck have?
    Answer : None , it's a fish believe it or not!
    Remember what Augustus once said:
    "festina lente" - make haste, slowly!

Thank you all for the information. There is a very little moisture in the raisins and it is not grape. However the respiration load is negligeble.

I am too old to tease. If I do not know, I am not ashamed to ask. After all this Forum has educated me a lot and given a lot. I always appreciate the knowledge of the members and am proud to be associated.

I referred to some books including the Ashrae and the conclusion is not to consider the respiration load as the same is very negligible.

hi Samarjit, I hope you did'nt take offence. As we say in Ireland " I was just having 'the craic' (=fun)with you", in the spirit of the other added threads to your original.
    (Yanks may say winding you up , UK boys will say 'taking the mick')

I always respect and enjoy reviewing your wise and considered opinions in various threads - you have contributed a lot to this RE site, I daresay.

I have many good friends and colleagues over in India and have made several trips there. We have offices in Mumbai and Delhi with climate control R & D centre in Bangalore.

India's time is coming and hope you all benefit well during the ascent.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    derogatory... a new English word for me, needed my dictionary.
    Derogatory =

rude
    insulting
    condesending
    patronising
    Scoreing points at the other persons expence.

and such things.

When your being derogatory its like you are being awkward for awkward sake. Not helpful, belittleing the other person.

Cheers taz.

Thank you Peter 1 for the very nice and helpful xl file on load calculation sent by you. I have tried to operate it, but some how the load datas to be inserted could not be inserted. In case you are aware of how to do it kindly do let me know.

It is a very good file.

Hello Thermo Prince,

I did not feel offended. It is just that there is no one in refrigeration who can claim to know all. We are always in a stage of learning. If there is something I do not know, I should ask instead of making a mistake.

Yes India is progressing and we have some of the finest engineers and scientists in our country. There are a lot of refrigeration industries here. Due to the immense prospects, the firms from the Western Country are preferring to come here and do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarjit Sen View Post
    Thank you Peter 1 for the very nice and helpful xl file on load calculation sent by you. I have tried to operate it, but some how the load datas to be inserted could not be inserted. In case you are aware of how to do it kindly do let me know.

It is a very good file.
    It's working for me neither
    I think the drop-down box must be reinstalled in the Excel File.
    But it gives some good figures.

Hi, Samarjit and Peter_1

You must enable blocked macros....then it will work fine

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Thank you Josip,

After enabling the Macros, I had to lower the security level, and the drop down worked. It is a very useful file with a lot of information.

Hi Peter 1,

Now after following Josips instruction, the drop down box is working. I would once again like to thank you for this file, as it contains a lot of valuable informations. Thank you once again.

Good , good Samarjit, you are right .... there is old idiom that " day we stop learning should be our last day ( on earth) ".

As we always say in the classrooms when students or techs come in for training, "there is no bad question ".
    The bad thing would be a student going home without asking something, be it little or large, that preyed on his mind and hindered his progress in whichever way.

I sense a real good spirit of sharing and helpfulness on this RE site. There's not doubt that whatever issue is hampering us, someone else somewhere has gone through it before and resolved.

Last point of curiousity - what's your take on the progress of the Indian cold chain - 'from farm to fork' as it were ( I heard Aussie say more crudely 'from herd to turd' ).
    We read of Walmart, Tesco,Carrefour, Reliance, etc cold stores and distribution centres as highways go in .... is it all happening quickly or will it take time?

regards
    T-P

Hello Thermo Prince,

Yes there are number of MNCs and locals involved in Cold Chain. Other than this there are a lot more Pre Cooling and Cold Stores coming up in the farms in certain areas of our country where there are a good crop of fruits. These produces are being exported.

With all these projects the prospect in refrigeration in our country is good. However the only shortfall is that there is a shortage of technical knowledge. I keep saying and repeating one thing, that there is a lot of difference between Air Conditioning projects and the Refrigeration ones. For refrigeration one has to study a lot and go deep into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarjit Sen View Post
    Hi Peter 1,

Now after following Josips instruction, the drop down box is working. I would once again like to thank you for this file, as it contains a lot of valuable informations. Thank you once again.
    No thank you, I do just what you and others do, share knowledge and information.