Hybrid View

Re: 404a high pressure?

gary, thanks again, i will watch it over the next day or two and see how it does. at nighttime,,, the bartenders are in and out fairly often, so it will have a hard time maintaining temp, but by morning, it should be stableized and i will check it then.
    in the meantime,, i will see what i can do about getting some cooler air across the condenser coil.
    taz,,, i appreciate the help, but the last system i worked on had a site glass and when i found (what i thought) were the optimal settings for that machine, there were bubbles in the glass.
    thanks,
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy3b View Post
    taz,,, i appreciate the help, but the last system i worked on had a site glass and when i found (what i thought) were the optimal settings for that machine, there were bubbles in the glass.
    thanks,
    mike

With some refrigerants that is somtimes the case.
    As with all things the sight glass is just a tool to be used with all the other tools available.
    With experience the engineer should be able to tell the differance between flash gas and normal opperating conditions.

taz.

REEFER-TEK Guest

It just occured to me, that you are using R-404a refrigerant in a medium temp application, R404a works more optimal in deep frozen applications.

If you are wanting to maintain temps of say 32 degrees and above you should, consider r-134a or R- 407c as the refrigerant to be used. It would be the optimum refirgerant for medium temp applications.

Where R-404a is more optimal for use at tempareatures lower than 32 degreesF.

If this was done you will have to change the TEV/TXV and pressure switches to accomodate new operating pressures, along with the necessary compressoir oils that are empolyed with there specific refrigerants.

Just my opinion.

Regards R-T