Thread: daikin vrv2

daikin vrv2

I switched on a new install yesterday (16+14 outdoor units and nine indoors,seven bs boxes and four bevq boxes).Did the test and all okbut after having it running for about ten mins it all went off on u4 fault,which turned out to be a faulty indoor pcb.So after disconecting the bs box for that unit and reseting the system it all ran.But now i have another problem,with all fan coils on heating one of the outdoor units is icing up(slave)but the master feels like it is doing nothing(no td across outdoor coil)any idea?

Re: daikin vrv2

When you say "Icing up", do you mean a white thin layer of frost on the coil or do you mean a thick layer of clear ice?

The first is normal.....

But if you have doubts of the performance then you should connect a service checker to the system, it's the only way to properly interrogate them.

When i went to it this morning the coil on the slave unit was in a layer of ice about an inch thickfrom about three quarters of the condensor up,but nothing on the master unit.I put it all on cooling and defrosted it,then restarted it all in heating and again the slave unit started it ice(but it is clearing now)but no icing on the master unitdo you think it could have any thing to do with the bs box/fan coil i have disconected?

probobly not, did you add the correct amount of refrigerant?

yes i did.

Quote Originally Posted by dai kin View Post
    I switched on a new install yesterday (16+14 outdoor units and nine indoors,seven bs boxes and four bevq boxes).Did the test and all okbut after having it running for about ten mins it all went off on u4 fault,which turned out to be a faulty indoor pcb.So after disconecting the bs box for that unit and reseting the system it all ran.But now i have another problem,with all fan coils on heating one of the outdoor units is icing up(slave)but the master feels like it is doing nothing(no td across outdoor coil)any idea?
    Hello Dai Kin,

The full model number would help.
    Are you sure it is a VRV II heat recovery and not the VRV III. M series or P series?
    Check for cross piping/wiring between the BS Boxes and indoor units. What was the air on temp?

If it is a VRV II HR system then first check the 3 electronic expansion valves on the outdoor unit. As you look at the internal pipe work you will see the three EEVs, top, middle and bottom.

Top EEV serves the main heat exchanger (upper part of the coil) and is as Y1E connected to the main PCB on connector X26A

Middle EEV serves the sub cooling heat exchangers and is known as Y3E connected to the Main PCB on connector X28A

Bottom EEV serves the sub heat exchanger (lower part of the coil) and is known as Y2E connected to the main PCB on connector X27A.

Check that the EEV motors are connected to the correct connectors on the PCB. You will have to cut all the tie-raps and follow the cables from the PCB. I haven’t seen this for quite some time.

Also check the software version on the outdoor unit.
    Monitor mode setting 19, press return read the binary number
    Press set and read the binary number.
    Press set again and read the binary number.

Obi Wan

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
    ...Also check the software version on the outdoor unit*.
    Monitor mode setting 19, press return read the binary number
    Press set and read the binary number.
    Press set again and read the binary number.

Obi Wan
    *Hi Obi Wan
    I had also a problem with new version while changing pcb as a spare part on REYQ_M.

You need to confirm the program by setting mode 3 /code 45 / binary set 2 first,
    and secondly mode 3 / code 52 / binary set 2, set the HP by DS2 and launch the TEST mode and it's ok...( hope this help).

Dai kin we need more information on the system setup to go ahead...

rgds

cool#9

Thanks for the replys everyone,the unit mod is reyq 14 and reyq16.I have checked the wiring on the outdoor ex valves and all ok(cut straps and traced cable)as for all the codes and modes i have not got a clue!!can you tell me more about this please?(3pipe m series)

tonares Guest

It is very important to write me a full model number if it is a VRV III heat recovery, because there is one interesting thing:

* if you want to combine two or more outdoor units in multi outdoor you must take care that VRV III heat recovery units are not the same for stand alone and multi. So if you connected two stand alone units in multi you will have a big problem.

both units are opperating or just one?