Anybody else think Rossi got the shaft?

What a depressing year for the king. And a great one for Stoner. Hopefully Yamaha will get it together. With another champ at the Yamaha seat that Colin lost, Still think he can do it?

Re: Anybody else think Rossi got the shaft?

As an aussie I just have to say congrats casey stoner. I haven't followed GP much since the 500cc days back when I had pay TV. I remember casey coming up through the ranks, and going down again, I remember the docter winning all the races and the antics of biaggi.
    When Kato died was probably the last time I followed it, except for the recent australian round and the big news about stoner.

Well the season has been interesting. The Ducati's got it right from the get go. With all the new 250 guys coming in and riding the 800cc bikes that were made like the 250's. The season should be good. Go Bayliss. Superbike is still more fun to watch though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bones74 View Post
    Superbike is still more fun to watch though!
    Aaaahhhh got you now, I was wondering what the eck you guys were talking about.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

You ride? If not you should.

Is it just me or does anyone else think rossi is overated.

Cant argue he is a great rider, can get more out of a bike than most but is he a great like schumacher or senna were in F1.

Casey Stoner has proved himself and will be around for a long time. Pedrosa, Hayden and caparossi on their day have it. I just think that rossi gets all the attention when other riders deserve it just as much. Plus i am fed up of watching a race and the directors keep going to the camera with the doctor written on this arse !

How do we all thing Toseland will do stepping up to the big league. Is it much of a jump from superbikes, i know GP gets all the attention but in real terms surely quality will come through
    Regards

Raymond

Rossi is the winningest rider ever. Made everyone else look silly for years. Overrated? ask the entire Moto GP paddock that question. He is a great rider, but I agree he gets the spotlight more then some. But a sub par bike that broke a few times this year and a couple crashes and still finishes 2nd. Other riders never fell off and couldn't beat that. I really like Nakano and Ellias, They are great riders and work hard, but at that level, you are great agreed?

The season is upon us again, missed the first race. Stuff all coverage here. I saw last night's one though, good race with pedrosa the winner.

We really need another forum in RE where we can talk about non RE event like motoGP, F1 or just chat with non hobby stuff, just to keep us all logged on. (edit: hobbies topic is fine for some things, but doesn't suit the purpose if we are talking about motorsport, or any sport, let alone current events or general chit chat)
    Like a everything goes forum with motorports, world current events, pub and general stuff etc as sub forums.
    Sure it would be a pain to moderate, but that's where I spend a lot of my time, at least if I and many others didn't have to go elsewhere for that stuff, we'd spend more time here.
    When I'm sick of the trade I just close the tab for this site and go to SA (american), ocau(australian) and whirlpool(australian).
    To be honest most of the people at those sites are annoying but I have no choice for stuff non related to refrigeration.
    At least if similar chats could be had here and I'd know I would be talking to someone who wasn't a 14 y.o. and had no brain cells. Even the most rudimentry up and coming PC sites had such a forum to keep people posting.
    If webram wants to keep his site clean from anything not RE related, fair enough. If he thinks the traffic is good enough and the workload is enough he doesn't have to/want to deal with people just talking about anything, I understand.
    As it does make the wokload less, and people will come anyway as it is. I'm just looking for a muture forum here people can talk about motorsports, hobbies and non work related stuff, but haven't found it yet

edit: VV My fault for the bump, and no one has started a current dicussion for any motorsport, but you're 4 months late
    Last edited by paul_h; 31-03-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Anybody else think Rossi got the shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones74 View Post
    Rossi is the winningest rider ever. Made everyone else look silly for years. Overrated? ask the entire Moto GP paddock that question. He is a great rider, but I agree he gets the spotlight more then some. But a sub par bike that broke a few times this year and a couple crashes and still finishes 2nd. Other riders never fell off and couldn't beat that. I really like Nakano and Ellias, They are great riders and work hard, but at that level, you are great agreed?
    Never a more true statment Yamaha had not a anything in nearly 10 years until Rossi got on it

Sport or motor sport is still classed as a hobby.

Chit chat and current affairs go in the 'Chit Chat & Service Stories' section.

Adding more sections slows down the board and adds to the time for making a 'backup'

There might be a possibility for changing the name on these sections for a more fitting one.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Rossi is 7 times world champion so what sort of doctor is he . His new teamate the 250cc champ lorenzo may beat rossi up on the track or is the doctor still gonna do the buisness and smoke the dukes and hondas , never mind the zukis as they are too sloow . And keep the newboy lorenzo in his place.