Thread: XDX Technology

Question XDX Technology

Does anyone have any experience with the new XDX technology from Carrier. It is offered as an option on their Russell Evaporator coils. It is a device that goes in the line feeding the coil, after the TEV, that supposedly causes the refrigerant flow to form rings inside the tube, thereby providing optimum heat transfer. This was demonstrated at the AHR expo in Chicago. The advantages are higher efficiency and fewer defrosts. I would like to know if anyone has seen these units in operation and do they work like they are supposed to? The website is www.xdxusa.com

I have met with some of the people and they were kind enough to share their literature and testimonials with me. One of our supermarket chains installed several of the devices and were impressed with the results.

Another supermarket chain installed them and were not impressed with the results.

We installed a couple in a blast chiller and did not see what was promised.

My opinion is that XDX delivers better usage of an evaporator, but the benefits are exaggerated. The marketing is much more effective than the device.

I didn't know they were a product of Carrier, or that Russell was. I need to catch up with the trade!

There seems to be a rather obscure corporate connection amongst all of the member s of the heat tranfser product group to carrier.

http://www.specialty-equipment.com/biz/HTPG_Company.htm

I hate carrier so badly I'll just start installing heatcraft products if that is the case...

And it does appear that the "contact us" email addys for Witt, Kramer, Coldzone, and others in the Heat Transfer Products Group websites go to Carrier corporate...