Randell refrigrator needs new thermometer

I bought a used Randell 2-door refrigerator (model # 1020A). It works fine, but the built-in thermometer (NSF digital solar-powered, model # SD) is broken (cracked screen). I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to get a new, or preferably, used one. Anyone know of a good source for parts in the US?

Re: Randell refrigrator needs new thermometer

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVanACD2005 View Post
    I bought a used Randell 2-door refrigerator (model # 1020A). It works fine, but the built-in thermometer (NSF digital solar-powered, model # SD) is broken (cracked screen). I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to get a new, or preferably, used one. Anyone know of a good source for parts in the US?
    Hi Try URI (United Refrigeration Inc.) or Johnstone Supply They have all types in stock

Just call Randell.

the local supermarket sells a temp indicater that will meet your needs [f & c] regards butch

I ended up just using a built-in thermometer from a Beverage-Air freezer I ended up junking. I wanted it to look somewhat original, not just like some one added it on. So I used the old housing from the broken thermometer, and fit the one from the freezer into it. Then I finished it off with a face made from plexiglass and painted black around the edges. I think it turned out pretty nice. Maybe I'll take a picture of it tommorrow when it's light outside. I made one because I didn't want to put a lot of money into this refrigerator, let alone just into a thermometer for it. I only paid $100 for it, and I can guess a thermometer like the one it had is at least that much.

That reminds me of another question I had: How can I tell what year it was manufactured? It doesn't say anywhere on it. I'm guessing it's somewher around 3-5 years old, but I could be wrong. I'd kind of like to know for sure.

I started cleaning this cooler up yesterday, and it's starting to look good again. (It was real dirty and nasty on the inside.) So no one knows how to tell how old it might be? Does it have somethingt to do with the model number or serial number (last 4 digits or something?)