Hitachi Econofresh

hi guys

any ideas on the following

i have been maintaining a Hitachi system today its a ducted indoor with a econfresh added to it Split system

the indoor model is RPI 5.0FSNE
    The Outdoor Model is RAS 5 HVRG

I ran this system on TEST Run Heat from the controller and the system runs fine. Did the same in cooling but nothing happens, the compressor does not start no faults come up at the remote Nothing.
    I tried test run dsw1 dip 1 - But No Joy
    I disconnected the cn17 plug linkin the econfresh to the indoor units pcb this still never brought the unit on in test run.

Any ideas for when i go back

Cheers
    lee

Re: Hitachi Econofresh

The Econofresh will hold off the operation of the compressor in cooling of the sensors detect that the ambient air temp is at a certain level.
    Disconnect the Econofresh and run the system independently. If the system runs with the Econofresh disconnected then there is nothing wrong with the Hitachi split and it may be a set up issue with the Econofresh.
    If the Econofresh is connected it is designed to bring in free cooling so there may be no actual problems with the kit.

hi imp

thanks for your reply next time i go i will disconnect the econofresh again and will power down indoor and outdoor power and then try it on test run cool. The outside ambient was cold when i tested it so it will have been running on free cooling i just wanted to test the refrigerant side on cooling.

if this still does not work is there anything else you could think may be wrong with it?

thanks in advance lee

May be a sensor error or pcb but I would be surprised and I think this should be the last resort. It sounds like it is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

If you contact me I can send you manuals.

Unless the specification has changed on the newer models, I recall that the Eonfresh will prevent the compressor from running in the cooling mode if the ambient is less than 12degc, as the system presumes that fresh air below this temperature will provide the "free" cooling of the Econofresh system. The sensor is located in the condensing unit. It may be possible to create a slight offset to the set point of this thermsitor, but it will only be minimal. I do not know of a complete work around, but your local Hitachi dealer may be able to offer some further help.

hi there thanks for the replys

next time the maintenance is due will be next years summer time so the ambient temp should be a lot higher.

cheers
    lee