PDA

View Full Version : Carrier TR1000

Hutton
22-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi People,

Nice to make your aquaintance (spelling).

I'm actually looking for information on the carrier trailer unit TR1000, but I can't find anything anywhere.
I keep hearing it's a crappy unit, but if I go on line it's like it doesn't exist.
Maybe it's a bad dream carrier are trying to cover up.

Can someone tell me where i can find some tech specs and drawings of this unit??

Cheers.

tran scot
25-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi wouldn't say they were the worst units about !
still more than a few on the roads!!
What exactly are you looking for ? Im sure there are enough guys here that could dig you out!

FREEZER1970
25-10-2007, 07:43 PM
wot are you looking for,i work on them somtimes,drop me a line

Latte
26-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Nothing wrong with a Genisis TR1000, so long as the drivers know how to set them. Better than the alternatives when they came out although from a maintenance point iof view more difficult to work on than an SMX, still nothing a 1/2 compitent engineer cant handle

Regards

Fatboy

Hutton
06-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi guys, sry for that, i finally had some holidays. :D

the reason i ask is because, i had someone tell me it takes an average of 16hrs, 2full working days to remove all the panels pipework to access the accumulator, :eek: i found this to be a bit unusual...
I would have thought you could completely decommision the unit in that time.

Any of you guys think this is odd...:confused:

If this IS the case, I'll stear clear of them..

I'd love to get a hold of some schematics for this unit though, i really curious now.

Cheers..... ;)

MRW
18-11-2007, 11:40 PM
you might find that the easiest way to get the accumalator out is to take the unit off the wall,
fun job!!!!! which is why its 16hrs.
regards

REEFER-TEK
25-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Yes heat exchangers in most any transport refrigeration unit are a pain in the you know what, you should see how its done on a super II multi-temp, they are by far the most challenging i ever had to do.

I agree it would be easier to remove unit from trailer and out on the ground, you may shed a few hours right there.

Regards, R-T