PDA

View Full Version : Safe Systems of Work

frank
22-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Guys

I need your help.

To continue working for one of our customers, we are being co-erced into registering with SafeContractor (http://www.safecontractor.com/) .

I am having to compile a folder with copies of all our H & S information but I'm struggling to produce any 'Job Specific Safe Systems of Work'.

We do the normal Method Statements, Risk Assessments etc but this is a new one on me.

Anyone have anything they could pass on or even explain how this SSW differs from what we do already?

Thanks in advance :)

Abe
22-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Frank

Ill try and get some info for you from a Health Safety pro I know

PaulZ
22-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi Frank
I reckon this is what we call Standard Operating Systems (SOP's)
I have had to write a lot of these for our OH&S systems and some of our clients request them.
Basically there are a written step by step procedure for all the individual taks we perform, eg. adding refrigerant, evacuating a systyem, isolating a motor etc etc. Our SOP's incorporate a safety section and what PPE is required, a hazard section and procedure.
Paul

US Iceman
22-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi frank,

My guess is they are looking for what we call "safe work practices". These usually entail such things as, lockout/tagout, hot work permits, permit required confined space entry, etc.

But that's just a guess.

It's written in English so you think it would be easy to understand, huh?:confused:

Brian_UK
22-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Frank, I think the others have said it really but a Google on your thread title brings up a hell of a lot of sites with various views and text on the subject.

A lot of the CYA systems involve paperwork as I'm sure you know, this site has various draft forms which could be useful if you haven't already got them...
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/service/estates/pages/health-safety/health-safety-annexes+appendices/pdfs/annex-z.pdf

frank
22-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys

I've Googled but can't really locate any specific sheets that are already written that I could use.

We do Hot work permits, well the customer does, risk assessments and method statements but what I need is ready written SSW forms for various tasks that could be adapted for our Company use, without having to sit down and start writing them.

As you can imagine, that would be a long task.

Brian

The link didn't work, unfortunately.

Paul

That sounds something like. Any chance you could send one? If so then I could send my e-mail by PM.

Brian_UK
22-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Link worked for me just now Frank but you know the web and IE7

PaulZ
23-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Frank
That won't be a problem send me your email address.
Paul

aawood1
23-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi Frank, did you get the ones I sent last night OK and did they help.
Arthur.

frank
23-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Frank, did you get the ones I sent last night OK and did they help.
Arthur.
'fraid not Arthur :( no e-mail so far

Did you put the full stop in the e-mail address?

aawood1
24-10-2007, 08:20 PM
HI Frank, I hope you got them this time. Or someone now has two lot's of SSOW.
Arthur.

Abe
25-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Sent u an e mail Frank