PDA

View Full Version : A poor 2007

LRAC
20-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Ok guys i will admit to the world that 2007 has been the worst trading year in 12 years for us in the UK.

Sales reps are crying, accounts departments worried and engineers are getting the jitters.

Do we really as an industry rely on good summers to keep us going through the winter, you know things are bad when nearly every call is from companies that have never contacted you in your companies history.

Special offers flying in from all over the place for cheap equipment, buy whats the point if a company has got no use for them any way, it just shows how much we could have got the equipment for in the first place and not make the wholesalers look like they've been robbing us.

Hows your year been????????????

knight rider
20-10-2007, 09:57 AM
i aggree , its been a total wash out this year , all was looking good in april when we had them 2 hot weeks after that all down hill ,
oh well theres always the thought will have a hot summer next year due to globle warming

The Viking
20-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Sorry to hear.
For us it's been the best year so far (18 years in business).
Our sales guys met their annual targets after just 3 months, the engineers are fed up with working overtime and if any of our largest/best customers were to give us a PO today, we wouldn't be able to do the install until 2008.....

(and I'm over worked and stressed out)

Psychro
20-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear that.

With industrial dehumidification and humidty control we've also had our best year for both turnover and profit (since 1996).

monkey spanners
20-10-2007, 06:09 PM
We have been ok till about three weeks ago but since then nothing. One job we quoted about 2.5k for a 5kw fujitsu system in london with a longish awkward pipe run has come back to us with someone else quoting 1.6k for a daikin 35? something or other. Why buy work, it does no one any good?
I've gone subbying covering for sick leave which could take me up to xmas if needed.

Bones74
02-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Well over here in US, the dollar is sliding into the toilet and our area was known for the auto industry that has tanked. Sad days in Michigan right now. Hope it changes soon.:eek:

Magoo
24-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Hi LRAC,
things can only get better given the "greenies'' effect on global warming, R134A is out R404a is out 22 is definitly out, so skill up on organic refrigerants, ammonia,propane and CO2. Rumour has it that the chemical Corps have thrown the towel on further developments due to a policy of ónly organic will be acceptable.

regards Magoo:cool:

old gas bottle
24-11-2007, 10:13 AM
were o/k but miles behind on last year,some people have money to spend others are on there knees, i think the later will become more common this next year.:eek:

get the gauges
24-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Well i'm a subby installer and it has been a bad summer. So much so i had a choice, install for splits companies in the vain hope i might get paid the money i invoiced or go back to electrical installation my original trade, i chose sparkying. £14/hr for putting sockets on and connecting fuseboards up 12hr/day x £14/hr = £168 x 9days = £1512 and a socket never gets call backs. I know theres no overtime rates but you never work a 12hr day in contracting.

Forget the gauges ,get the cable strippers !

eggs
24-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Bad year here too on the AC. Fortunatly the refrgeration and Ventilation has kept us ticking over.

Eggs

stuartwking
24-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear all the bad news,.Up here its been a great year!,.To much work and not enough guys and All loaded up right through 2008.

Abe
25-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Bad year here too on the AC. Fortunatly the refrgeration and Ventilation has kept us ticking over.

Eggs

I had to change career!! Loll.........
Awful glad I did though

No matter , hang on there guys, I reckon next summer will be so hot, will blow your socks off

LRAC
25-11-2007, 10:31 AM
How quickly things change in this trade, since my original post back in october when i was reporting things had not been to good with no prospect of reaching our targets we now have work coming out of our ears.

we now have full order books upto the end of march 2008 with various installations from a/c to manufacturing plants and distribution coldrooms.

I thought the winter would mean a slimming down of staff but not now were recruiting again.

I just wish the trade was more stabble and even through out the year, Lets hope it is a warm summer to keep all of us guys employed:D:D:D but i'm not banking on it.

Kind regards
Lrac

taz24
25-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I just wish the trade was more stabble and even through out the year, Lets hope it is a warm summer to keep all of us guys employed:D:D:D but i'm not banking on it.

Kind regards
Lrac

We now need global warming then:D.

taz

LRAC
25-11-2007, 06:58 PM
We now need global warming then:D.

taz

The more the better, maybe not for the next generation but i live for this life.:cool: