PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 19XR

maff
16-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Hello All,

Could any of you guys or gals point me in the direction of obtaining a tear down (stop major) manual/book/video/dvd for a 19xr compressor? It appears that there is such a manual out there, however it maybe only for a 19xl which is apparently is the same apart from tolerances etc.

I am running a site which has quite a few of these machines, two of which are having problems and require internal investigations.

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Brian_UK
16-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi Maff, found some of Carriers stuff on the 19XR on their site. Got some torque settings, any good?

Try here....
http://eto.carrier.com/genlitterature2.asp?prod_id=19XR/XRT_PIC_II&lang_id=1

maff
17-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks Brian, It's a step in the right direction. There is supposed to be a manual out there which gives guideance on stripping the compressor, although I think it's a carrier internal doc and not for the likes of me.

absrbrtek
18-10-2007, 06:27 AM
There is no Carrier Stop/Major for the 19XR. The 19XL has one. The compressors are just about the same. Only difference I remember are the impleller spaceing procedure. Make sure you get the current impeller spacing specs and don't use the ones off Carriers website literature, some of them have changed.

maff
18-10-2007, 08:51 AM
absrbrtek, do you know where I can download a stop major for a 19xl? Cant find one on the net.

absrbrtek
19-10-2007, 03:52 AM
I only have it on VCR as a training video and in hard copy. PITA to get them.
absrbrtek, do you know where I can download a stop major for a 19xl? Cant find one on the net.

steve.mohd
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Absrbrtek, is it possible for me to get a copy of what you have on the 19xl? I will pay whatever it cost to copy.