PDA

View Full Version : toshiba inverter fans P22

philjd26
16-10-2007, 03:28 PM
hi, have a problem with a condenser fan on a super multi vrf code p22 ,dont know which one yet it has 4 fans and all seem to run fine for a few days and then trip,they are all inverter driven and havint got the chance tto get stuck in but will tomorrow......if i check resistance to earth and find it down...can anyone explain what is actually happening? am i losing voltage to earth causing higher amps and overheating or does the inverter control board get a dodgy sisnal or something....

rgrds phil

deyna
16-10-2007, 03:38 PM
P22 code is a digital inverter fault code, the fans on these are DC, if the blades are caught when trying to run, or a strong wind blows them the opposite direction, I believe an incorrect voltage is produced sending P22 fault code to the remote and stops the system, I have had both these problems on a RAV-1400 system. Hope this helps

Loops
22-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Phil,

Super Multi is the old R22 and R407c Toshiba VRF systems but I don't think you have one of these as they cannot give a P22 code. I think you'll have a Super Modular Multi System (SMMS) on R410a.

Model numbers would be really helpful.

P22 code is a fault with the fan motor or fan IPDU pcb (board that drives the fan motor).

The trick is to check the fan motor if that's OK then the pcb is at fault.

So make sure windings are ballenced (red, white and black cables on said IPDU board). The correct readings are 13 to 33 ohms. Of course open circuit to earth. This is a three phase motor so all windings should be ballenced.

Make sure the fan motor isn't seized.

If all the above checks out fine then change the fan motor IPDU circuit board.

Cheers

Loops