PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman SCE-170 Weird Situation

KenInEastTX
15-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Howdy yall, new member here.

I recently got a used Scotsman SCE-170A-1A ice machine, and installed it at home.

It makes ice OK, but while cleaning it today, I observed a weird thing that may foretell a problem:

About 6-7 minutes into a cycle, everything seemd normal, until suddenly the water coming out of the water distributor flash-froze, then built up in clumps all the way down to on the evaporator plate. I happened to notice that water in the reservoir, near the water pump, was also instantly partially frozen. This all took only a few seconds.

For maybe 20-30 seconds, no water came out of the water distributor; then, it began to flow, and washed the clumps of ice down into the reservoir.

After that, all seemed pretty normal through the rest of the cycle (which takes about 17-18 minutes).

I watched it through another cycle, and the same thing happened again.

Anyone have an explanation, and should I get it serviced? Thanks in advance!

Shawn_L
18-10-2007, 04:28 AM
How long does a frozen cycle take? If it doesn't exceed the criteria too much, the service assistance is not necessery. Clean the condenser and air filter might do some help.

KenInEastTX
18-10-2007, 06:03 PM
A complete cycle falls right in the specs, they say 15-20 minutes, it takes 17-18.

Thanks for your reply.

Bones74
12-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Manitowoc's do the same thing when started when warm. Well actually most ice machines do. You don't need service it's fine.:cool: