PDA

View Full Version : Who is Hiyasu air con?

gwilliamson
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi Chaps
I am quoting for some work in spain and have had the benefit of being given one of the existing quotes from a local firm. They have priced using the brand 'Hiyasu' which i know nothing about. Does anyone know who this brand is and are they any good?. Are they another name for fuji or Fujitsu?.
They are all inverters though, that much i can work out. (Aire Acondicionado, techologia inverter!)

I am probably going to price the job using Toshiba but just want to check i am going in at least like for like, if not better?.

On another note, does anyone have any advice for working abroad before i get too carried away?, just thought it might make a nice january project!, got to be warmer than the UK!!

Kind regards

Gareth

Chill doctor
13-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi Gareth, Lots of cheap ass air con in spain, sounds like your quotingagains a cheap as chips unit to me.

I would sell your tosh or fujitsu on the strength that you will still be able to get parts for it in 5 years time, I'll bet you a pound to a penny you wont get parts for Hiyasu after the first year.

Only problem is with spain (cus I was seriosly looking to move there till i realized this) is that most of the work is done by semmi retired english men doing work for beer money, non of the work seems to be done right ,under sized and generaly wall mounts are slung in regardless of akll ewlse cus its the cheapest.

Hope you find diferent, it depends on the customer, if you can convince them not to go with the cheapest and go for your system that will work well, get the temperature correct, have spare parts avaliable for years to come, be quieter and still be running in 10 years time you may be on a winner, spain is a lovely place. Let me know if you want a hand :-)

gwilliamson
14-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Many thanks Chilll doctor for your reply. I think i have convinced the customer he is better off with an established brand such as toshiba and i think i may have the the job.

The only concern i have is am i breaking any international rules and regulations by working in spain?. I would like piece of mind that all is fine and above board before commiting to the road trip and a week in the sun!!!

Chill doctor
14-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Many thanks Chilll doctor for your reply. I think i have convinced the customer he is better off with an established brand such as toshiba and i think i may have the the job.

The only concern i have is am i breaking any international rules and regulations by working in spain?. I would like piece of mind that all is fine and above board before commiting to the road trip and a week in the sun!!!

I would assume you need to ask your accountant, I know there is a section about exporting on the vat return i do every quater, but im not sure how it works, especialy if you buy your ac from spain.

gwilliamson
14-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Would anyone know if i would be legally covered to work abroad?. ie are there any regs in spain that prohibit non 'registered' engineers working? A bit like our new F gas regs i suppose?

frank
14-10-2007, 08:19 PM
My brother lives in southern Spain and his neighbour has just had a Daikin Multi and 2 wall mounts fitted for a cost of 2050 Euros :eek:. I don't see how you can compete with prices like that working from the UK.

Best of luck anyway.

At least you can drop your standards a bit anyway to match the locals workmanship :D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/frankyboy_01/DSC_01300001.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/frankyboy_01/DSC_01310001.jpg

Chill doctor
15-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Yes, I think they are more concerned about how you feed your horse than the quality of the work you do, I hear you dont evan have to have to be corgie registered or equivelent to work on gas either!

expat
15-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Here's something from a catalogue I have infront of me:

ASH12Ui inverter

Cold 3.5kw COP 3.8 Energy label A
Hot 4.8kw COP 3.9 Energy label A

int unit db 22,31,37,43
ext unit db 47

Max pipe run length/height 20m/15m (this seems over simplified/exagerated)

precharge 15m 20gr/m suppliment

Catologue price 1,499(I can't find my euro button!) plus 19.6% vat.

This mark is being sold in town here by a small plumbing shop. I know the guy in charge went on a course with them. I bought a multi split from them a few years back it's still going strong but doesn't do much work. The stuff seems good but It doesn't seem too widley distributed here. Hiyasu offer guaranteed heating at -15°c exterieur in order to qualify for heat pump tax rebates on multisplits, so they seem serious enough.

All this said the deal clincher might be your superior skills. Just show the customer Franks picture (if copywright will allow:p)