PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Trade

NH3LVR
12-10-2007, 02:08 AM
THis morning I was called in to locate a strange noise in a NH3 System we recently installed a new Condenser and Receiver in.
This one is a puzzle. The first time I have been absolutely stumped in a long while. Of course it would not make the noise when I was there. A challenge I would normaly look forward to.
On the way home I was contacted by the Manager of a local facility for a Multi-National Corporation. It seems that my casual conversation with them has turned very serious.
I will be starting with them soon as the Maintenance Manager at their facility. No tie, but a lot of paperwork, and calculating returns on investment etc.
If there is a high point, it is that their current Refrigeration Contractor was our competition. Some feel they have ethical issues, and I will be looking forward to reviewing their past service reports.
But fear not, I will be continuing to contribute and giving my two cents whenever I can.
By the way, they have a rack system which I know little about. I may be begging for help soon!

taz24
12-10-2007, 02:13 AM
By the way, they have a rack system which I know little about. I may be begging for help soon!

Congratulations and well done.
All the best in your new venture.

Cheers taz.

nh3wizard
12-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Good Luck and Best Wishes

Josip
12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
He, NH3LVR :)

That's life....

anyhow one day you should stop to use tools;) (except pen and pencil) and your day is here...

all the best.....do not forget about us here:D

Best regards, Josip :)

superswill
12-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Congratulations and i wish you all the best,so its a parker for christmas from now on

Brian_UK
13-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Good fortunes in your new position.

Don't forget the old adage - walk quietly and carry a big stick.

LRAC
13-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi NH3LVR

Good luck in your new job, just remember we never leave the trade,we just evaporate slowly.

Kind regards
Lrac

US Iceman
13-10-2007, 05:39 PM
First of all congratulations on the new position! A desk job is not so bad as long as you remember to get some regular exercise.;)

That was probably the biggest adjustment I needed when this occured to me.

Best wishes on the new job and remember.... don't be a stranger!:D

Dan
13-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Good luck in your new job, just remember we never leave the trade,we just evaporate slowly.

Old refrigeration men don't die, they just slowly lose their charge. Good luck, Ammonia lover!

sparrow
14-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Good Luck all the best, from reading your posts you know your stuff you will do very well i am confident in that.

monkey spanners
14-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I wish you well with your new job. Did you get the chance to find the cause of the funny noise?

Jon

NH3LVR
14-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I wish you well with your new job. Did you get the chance to find the cause of the funny noise?Jon

No I did not. It is strange. They are reporting a sound like ice breaking, and sometimes a groaning sound. It happens on the night/early morning shift. The night guy says in can hear it in the Boiler Room next door. A couple of other guys who were installing pipe in the engine room say it is loud enough to scare them. They claim it is coming from the suction accumulator/overfeed pump system. It is gas operated on overfill. I ran the system though several dumps and every thing is normal. I did note that the Pump Vessel does come up to pressure very quickly when the hot gas is applied. In fact the lines have condensed liquid in them when the valves open, so it never really sees much in the way of hot gas.
But until someone is there to observe the noise it is all guesswork.
Two of our guys report that they heard a similar noise when they pumped out the vessel a few monthes ago. We will have a couple of guys there next week installing new TX valves to correct the overfeed. The hope is that it will show up while they are there.