PDA

View Full Version : mobile

tran scot
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi I think that the "mobile" forum would be better changed to "transport". I do know of some guys that look at this site and are wondering where the "transport" section is! I don't know where the word "mobile" came from! for me it has always been transport . Not having a go !! honest !!

ta

Brian_UK
10-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum with your first post.

Never mind your shy friends how do you feel about the section title?

tran scot
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
To me "mobile" is somebody who works out a van !!
here go's different types of "transport"
"direct drive" small van -compressor bolted onto van/truck engine
"truck" as it says truck with independent engine to turn/run compressor
"trailer" as it says trailer with own engine driven fridge on front or under trailer! (artic)

what does anybody else think !!!!!!!!

for me transport refrigeration is the one!!
mobile refrigeration doesn't have it!!!

chillin out
10-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I think I agree, Transport section sounds better.
It also describes the section properly. Although all the other sections are labeled properly and people still manage to post in the wrong one...lol

Chillin:):)

Brian_UK
10-10-2007, 11:59 PM
OK Tran Scot, logic seems fair we'll put it to the Guvnor.

tran scot
11-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks Brian
there are other aspects to transport, containers,portable coldstores, car van truck bus "ac"

there is some that I have mabey missed out mabey others could add there "pennys worth"

cheers

Brian_UK
12-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I see that the Boss has renamed the section over to "Transport" so we'll see how it goes.

We have to remember, of course, the international nature of this forum so words can mean different things in different places.

Thanks for raising the subject.

tran scot
12-10-2007, 12:17 AM
your right Brian, it would be interesting to find out what our international friends call it!!!

Brian_UK
12-10-2007, 12:19 AM
your right Brian, it would be interesting to find out what our international friends call it!!!Trouble, hard work, a pain in the neck, awkward and similar expressions of joy I expect :D