PDA

View Full Version : Small pcb on DAIKIN's REYQ_M

cool#9
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello again
On REYQ_M7/M8 we always find a small pcb called EB 0336 A7P on the left of the main electrical box above the transformer.
This card is wired on X32A on the main pcb (A1P).
We sometimes use this port to make software updates.
There are 5 leds, bs1/2/3 button and 8 dipswitches onside, see the picture, please.
I'd like to know the main function of this card, i hope someone on RE forum will help.
Kind regards
cool#9

Obi Wan
09-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello Cool#9

The green PCB is a data logger. It continually logged all operation data of the system. In case of a fault it holds 1 hour of data leading up to the fault.
I am informed that even Daikin Europe can’t access this data, only Japan can access the data. You don’t actually need the PCB for the unit to work normally. You can disconnect it completely.

Hope the above helps.

Obi Wan.

cool#9
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Hello Cool#9

The green PCB is a data logger. It continually logged all operation data of the system. In case of a fault it holds 1 hour of data leading up to the fault.
I am informed that even Daikin Europe can’t access this data, only Japan can access the data. You don’t actually need the PCB for the unit to work normally. You can disconnect it completely.

Hope the above helps.

Obi Wan.
Thanks Obi Wan, simple and clear...
I just had a problem one time with this pcb after a power overcurrent on the field.
DENV just told us they won't be able to deliver a new part and ask to disconnet it but the main new pcb A1P didn't run without it - no more green led flashing ...!
Finaly i send the old one A7P and waited 1 month to get a new one ...
Since my customer is really afraid of Daikin's product, and me too ...
Your's sincerely
cool#9

puddleboy3
10-10-2007, 12:11 AM
This is strange as Obi has pointed out the board is only a data logger and should not effect the unit from running. I have disconnected many of these to use the power supply for a KRP2A.

frank
11-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I have disconnected many of these to use the power supply for a KRP2A.

Me too, and I've also spliced the power supply to feed both the data logger and a KRP2A on some units with no problems.

cool#9
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Me too, and I've also spliced the power supply to feed both the data logger and a KRP2A on some units with no problems.

STRANGE !!!!
Thanks for the replies, i'll try next time on a REYQ_M.
rgds
cool#9

frank
11-10-2007, 09:15 PM
STRANGE !!!!
Thanks for the replies, i'll try next time on a REYQ_M.
rgds
cool#9
If you look at the power supply capacity of the pcb connection it far outweighs the current draw of both of the small pcb's so it is quite capable.

On the 2 pipe machines there is no data logger pcb so it is quite easy to fit a krp, but on the 3 pipe condensing unit, the main pcb connection and the free space around the controls board are taken up by the data logger pcb.

As an engineer, one has to be adept ;):D

Cool100
11-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Puddelboy and ObiWan, may I kindly ask to look once to the problem located in the Airconditioning section, title Daikin VRVII started by me.
I can't post the proper link because I don't have enough posts yet on this forum.

It seems that both of you have a lot of experience with Daikin units and perhaps you can help me with this one.

Both of you were recommended by another poster.

Cool#9 and The Viking already shared their knowledge.