PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Fridge Freezer

C Bagtas
08-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi,
Is anyone can give me electrical diagram of Hotpoint fridge freezer model FFA74.My problem is the evaporator fan motor is not working.When i test the terminal going to efm, has no voltage,Only the fridge is getcooling, im not satisfied also because the condenser is cold.i found also there is solenoid after filter drier,when icheck it,it has no voltage.could you give me idea.im very far now in refrigeration,
Thanks,
Cesar

Brian_UK
09-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi Cesar, in the absence of any answers from here try http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/

C Bagtas
11-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi,
thanks brian to that site you gave me,its helpul but theres no answer in my question,anyway i apprecite it

Many thanks,
Cesar

chillin out
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi C Bagtas,

Use the search function of this site and you will come up with many answers...
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=322833

Chillin:):)

dino2020
15-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi, I am having the same problem the fan will only spin for a few seconds after the power is restored if left off for a while, The top of the freezer is maybe 0c and the bottom gets down to maybe -5c. The fridge seems to be at an ok temp though there does seem to be a bit of water collecting under salad draws. The link above doesnt seem to work and I am not really sure what I am looking for with the search function, Can you point me to the right thread.

To add I took the back panel off and it was not iced up, I also got a multimeter and there is no power been sent to the fan other than for the few seconds when power is restored.

Cheers

tonto33
15-04-2008, 06:18 PM
need to replace the pcb on the unit and it will sort the problem out

dino2020
15-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Is there a specific fault on the pcb as I have a friend who is an electronics engineer and I am sure he would be able to repair it. I am sure he could trace it, but if some one knows what the problem is, I am sure he would appriciate it :)

So not a thermosat/thermistor problem then?? nothing that cheap :( Unit is only just over 12 months old, and reading on the net that some people had 3 PCB's in 3 years :(

tonto33
16-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Hotpoint have 5 years warranty on all there appliances:) but you will have to pay the £90 call out,:eek:which is cheaper than a new fridge/freezer;)