PDA

View Full Version : Limmiting guest vissitors to 500?

The MG Pony
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
The lag on this site is geting out of hand! It takes nearly an houre for a post to apear after clicking it and such!

I think it will help the site and its members if you set a guest limmit to help keep the server from geting over loaded, I looked at the states and 2,000+++ vissitors, a great sign that it is a healthy site indeed and we all must certainly be thank full for every ones interests, yet I feel some thing needs to be don to keep the bandwidth open for members so it can be browsed in less then a week!

Any case thats my semicoherant morning ramblings! Thanks for liscening.

The Viking
08-10-2007, 07:39 PM
You're sure it's not the connection at your end Pony?

I never experienced that on this site.

:confused:

US Iceman
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I have not seen that problem at all. I have noticed some delays in new pages opening within the site or replying to posts, but nothing serious....yet.

The biggest problem I have seen is the Google Ads seem to freeze occasionally, which is usually solved by refreshing.

Webram, have you noticed this??

The MG Pony
08-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I've been on three differant PCs in three differant cities and all the same problem? So I can safely rule out the connection less it is a BC wide issue?

The MG Pony
08-10-2007, 08:38 PM
On that thought perhaps it is the google adds cuasing the issue? But then again my home computer networks server blocks all the adds, same thing takes forever to do any thing?

WebRam
08-10-2007, 09:28 PM
nope, we had a hard drive crash the other day and the server tripped a couple of times due to load but I have paid for an upgrade on that.

It might be due to your settings or general security settings.
I see posts andthreads refresh right away.

superswill
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
i also have found this a problem of late and support the mg pony in capping the number of guests

WebRam
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I have not seen that problem at all. I have noticed some delays in new pages opening within the site or replying to posts, but nothing serious....yet.

The biggest problem I have seen is the Google Ads seem to freeze occasionally, which is usually solved by refreshing.

Webram, have you noticed this??

yea, google are having problems with their servers.

absrbrtek
09-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Same here, slow loading recently. I can live with it as this is a good site, just have to deal with it.
i also have found this a problem of late and support the mg pony in capping the number of guests

Josip
09-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi, all :)

just for info....I have no problem here in Europe, very fast....sometimes only have problem with read posts coming again in bold like not read...

....recently my son rent some cheap with lot of space ISP in USA for hosting, but must change and return to ISP in Europe because to slow response 20-30 seconds to open page..all clients were unsatisfied......

......problem with speed between EU and USA is "normal" having long distance, possible many servers in between, maybe old servers too, bad cables and of course too many users....definitely it is complex...

Also depending which kind of technology on server is used for RE forums.... RAID, SCSI, and some others definition which I cannot repeat (because I am not familiar with) this explanation is of my son who is IT engineer...

...it is possible to improve speed but first to find out where is the source of limitation...

...my vote is for improvements and not for limitations;)

Link to page where you can check your internet (upload/download) speed for free....
http://www.speedtest.net/

Best regards, Josip :)

The MG Pony
09-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I used to make networks for companies ;) I have cheaked it to death and no where can I find the limmiter from me to the server!

Here in Canada most European sites open in the blink of an eye, all other forums do this, it is just this one that it has ongoing issues when trying to open threads or post.

Josip
09-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi, The MG Pony :)

I used to make networks for companies ;) I have cheaked it to death and no where can I find the limmiter from me to the server!

Here in Canada most European sites open in the blink of an eye, all other forums do this, it is just this one that it has ongoing issues when trying to open threads or post.

....so the next step is on Dez;), hope you are not going to give up from RE forums:rolleyes:

The MG Pony
09-10-2007, 03:09 PM
No just be disgruntled about the lag lol

Josip
09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi, The MG Pony :)

No just be disgruntled about the lag lol

...maybe to use the time lag for some Grizzly Canadian Lager (or some other lager:D), but please take care;)

BigJon3475
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
No problems in the states. As a matter of fact I open some of the threads and then use the "back" button to remove them from threads not read. I can go through 50+ post in a matter of 10 minutes or less. The only time I find extreme lag is when I try to edit my post without going into advanced mode. If I try to edit my post from the drop down at the bottom of the screen it soemtimes never goes through. I change to advanced and instantly goes through.