View Full Version : removing acid from system

dantoubiana
06-01-2003, 05:19 AM
the most effective place to remove acid from a system is in:

a. the liquid line

b. the suction line

c. the discharge line

d. the oil line

(please select best answer and comment -- thanks!)

david.findlay
08-01-2003, 07:04 PM
The best way to remove moisture from systems is frequent oil & drier changes.

angryk
09-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Hi dantoubiana. Are you completing a take home test(LOL)? I was taught that when there is acid present in a system, installation of a temporary suction drier would be the solution. Also a burnout or acid removal liquid line drier(sporlan type "HH"). Maybe somebody more qualified than me can give you a more in depth answer. As far as the test goes, I would say liquid line, seeing that it can stay in the system indefinitly.

750 Valve
11-01-2003, 07:33 AM
To protect winding insulation in a hermetic situation b and d would be priorities but who would install a suction drier without replacing a liquid drier!?! Having said this, a,b and d after an oil change

tony_rich
25-01-2003, 02:45 PM
There are a lot of new prods. out there to flush or neutralize acid out there but Im old school. If p/m - ing and you find acid change oil add suction and liquid line driers pull a deep vac and repet once a week or every other it not up to you its up to the unit and how much acid it has every time you do this test the oil keep doin it till it (CLAEN) there is no a,b, or c on this!

If you got a bad burn you will need to blow out as much oil with nitor. do the same as a above but do the first change one hr. after op. then two days then a week so on and so on till clean you do not want to just add a suction and liquid drier and walk a way it will shorten the life of you new compressor I seen it so bad that it lasted only three days. a good clean up is costly.
a bad clean up is even more costly !

MRW
18-02-2003, 11:21 PM
have you tried a product called ACID AWAY
you carry out a clean up then put it in the system

tony_rich
22-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Yes if you read it acid away is a Neutralizer all it dose is change the ph level from what I been told when you ues acid away or other neutralizer you should remove the same amont of oil as you add. I have not seen oem's ok the use of it pluse it does not remove sluge from the system dryers do work compressor should last 15 to 20 yrs. if maint.:o

superheat
03-03-2003, 10:31 PM
Acid away has alcohal in it. That means it has water too. Why would you add water to a system?

Latte
08-03-2003, 07:35 PM
acid away (available from HRP & NRS in UK), i have always found o work very well in acidic systems. Obviously this is ok if you can drop it into the oil ( Difficuly on A/C Systems).
The general rule of thumb is to keep changing oil & driers until the system is clean, personally i would say to put driers in the liquid line is the best option but you could in theory use them anywhere. Remember acid away can be used also as preventative treatment and once it's in the system it can stay there.

Andy
08-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Hi,
on the larger systems, I am talking semihermetic screws with 60 litres + off oil (this is at the moment about the largest you get on semihermetic) I would fit a suction burn out core to protect the compressor winding, then change the oil until the acid test is good, then remove the suction cores. Acid away is prbably ok for small stuff, but I would not use it as the compressor manufactures won't stand over compressors, at least that is what I have found.
Regards. Andy