PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Pyschrometrics

Abby Normal
06-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Paul Milligan has a link out to test a program where you get a calculator on your cell phone, so far it is doing mixed air properties, but I think he is expanding it to cover his full hvac suite.

http://hvacsuite.com/mobile/

The MG Pony
06-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Now thats nifty! thumbs up to the bloke on a great job!

BigJon3475
07-10-2007, 02:11 AM
That is handy.

expat
07-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey there Mg, I've been looking for you!

I couldn't find my way back to a post where you showed a picture of your vac metre. Mine's identical to your picture, it's called a Supco VG64. I can't get it to hold a vacuum and it's nearly new,...most frustrating! Have you had any probs?

Pyschrometrics - nifty, handy? I smell an oxymoron:p

BigJon3475
08-10-2007, 12:45 AM
No problems with mine. Have you gotten oil in it? If so there is recommended cleaning procedure sometimes that helps.

The MG Pony
08-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey there Mg, I've been looking for you!

I couldn't find my way back to a post where you showed a picture of your vac metre. Mine's identical to your picture, it's called a Supco VG64. I can't get it to hold a vacuum and it's nearly new,...most frustrating! Have you had any probs?

Pyschrometrics - nifty, handy? I smell an oxymoron:p

No I haven't had any probs with mine. I've had it appart in the past the the thermister is well sealed in but removable, so open yours up and take a look there!

But first I'd pressure test my hoses under-water to make sure it isn't them, I had to put my manifold hoses under 500psi in the bath tub to find out the low side one had a series of holes in it! After that and a new vac pump it worked great! they'll dam well go down to 1micron! (A lab tested it for me as at first I thought it was the guage not working as well!)

So check the flares for nicks or dings, wash it with some isopropyle alcohol and check your hoses first if that fails open it up and have a look at the thermister mounting nut.