PDA

View Full Version : ring of compressor

karimihassan
06-10-2007, 06:24 AM
hi dear
how we can diagnostic the oil ring and compress ring on piston of compressor (reciprocate) from each other.
please evry body has information abot that help me .

Plank!
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Huh?
Are you trying to identify the oil ring from the scraper ring? (Comression ring is solid, oil scraper has grooves)
Or check the two for wear? Read the manual, or at least give a clue about the machine.

sunilbhat
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
hi dear
how we can diagnostic the oil ring and compress ring on piston of compressor (reciprocate) from each other.
please evry body has information abot that help me .

Measure clearance between the open end of ring when is fitted inside the cylinder without piston. If gap is more then it should scrapped.

Sunil Bhat

C Bagtas
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi,
Im long time not working in this field,but before when im working in some semi hermetic. i test it by discharge pressure with out load i mean in test bench,it must be more than 100 psi.if not it is lost compression.you must check also your discharge valve and suction valve it might be broken.ypu must open the cylinder head sothat you can see flapper valve it it is not broken .check also the unloader may be not working properly.in my knowledge compressor is not like car engine that there is compression ring and oil ring.its only compression.
hope you got anything from me.

Hope you sort it,
Cesar

Plank!
06-10-2007, 11:07 PM
compressor is not like car engine that there is compression ring and oil ring.its only compression.
hope you got anything from me.

Hope you sort it,
Cesar

NOT true!

Every compressor I've pulled apart has at least 2 compression rings and at least 1 oil scraper ring
ie
Sabroe TMSC116L 2 compression rings and 1 scraper
Grasso RC9 2 compression and 1 scraper
grasso RC11 3 compression and 2 scraper rings

Ok these are bigger than most AC comps, but it makes the point.

Regards
Steve

PaulZ
08-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I agree with Plank, generally all compressors have oil control rings, grooved with slots allowing the oil to pass back through the piston.